Join for free
Page 55 of 276 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have a friend who has been living with incurable cancer for 3 years now. They can't get rid of the tumours but her chemo has made them shrink a little.
I am no expert on cancer treatments, but I do know they have improved a lot in recent years....so please stay positive.
We can live with cancer even if it can’t be cured. It’s some 6 months since I was diagnosed and have been having chemo since then. A recent CT scan showed that one tumour had gone, another reduced by over half and the other stable. I never imagined that could happen when I received the news those few months ago. Staying positive helps!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Well, I spoke with the Consultant and feel a little better. He's convinced that the really bad symptoms I've been having are from the infection and the antibiotics - there's 3 different kinds and they're pretty powerful.

He said he didn't think I was at the hospice stage yet and I've got my chemo scheduled to restart on Wednesday the 11th at 10am. He also said I can take more of the oral liquid as I'm quite conservative with it.

I also got the 17 stitches in my neck taken out today - they were starting to bother me as they were really itchy. I've got an appointment with the nurse at my GPs on Thursday to have a final look at them, make sure they're ok as a few of them were a bit weepy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, I spoke with the Consultant and feel a little better. He's convinced that the really bad symptoms I've been having are from the infection and the antibiotics - there's 3 different kinds and they're pretty powerful.

He said he didn't think I was at the hospice stage yet and I've got my chemo scheduled to restart on Wednesday the 11th at 10am.

I also got the 17 stitches in my neck taken out today - they were starting to bother me as they were really itchy. I've got an appointment with the nurse at my GPs on Thursday to have a final look at them, make sure they're ok as a few of them were a bit weepy.
Well, that is good news Dreamy.
I hope you feel better soon.
I don't like my Dreamy being sad, it makes me sad.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:01 PM

I'm still exhausted, though, for some reason. After sleeping almost all day yesterday, then last night until 7, I had my doctor's appointment then slept from 11 to 2. I could go to bed now quite happily but I'm going to wait at least until 8 when it's dark outside.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:04 PM

The worst side effect of Chemo is being so tired and it takes a while, after your course of treatment, to start feeling that you don't need sleep.
Just rest when you need to, because your infection will also make you feel exhausted.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Good news Ffosse, hope you feel a lot better after talking with your consultant. I guess it will be the drugs making you feel tired and the chemo will have the same effect but it will get better. How frequent are your chemo cycles? Mine are fortnightly and I feel tired for the first week and then about normal for the second week. Chemo tomorrow for me!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 06:46 PM

I'm still exhausted, though, for some reason. After sleeping almost all day yesterday, then last night until 7, I had my doctor's appointment then slept from 11 to 2. I could go to bed now quite happily but I'm going to wait at least until 8 when it's dark outside.
Yes, wait until dark Dreamy.

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Good news Ffosse, hope you feel a lot better after talking with your consultant. I guess it will be the drugs making you feel tired and the chemo will have the same effect but it will get better. How frequent are your chemo cycles? Mine are fortnightly and I feel tired for the first week and then about normal for the second week. Chemo tomorrow for me!
Val, You will be in my thoughts too.
Keep us all posted
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Good luck with tomorrow's chemo; mine will be every 3 weeks. Already, from the one session I had before becoming infected with bugs, one side of my face doesn't need shaving.
Val J
East Yorkshire

03-04-2018, 07:22 PM

Good luck with tomorrow's chemo; mine will be every 3 weeks. Already, from the one session I had before becoming infected with bugs, one side of my face doesn't need shaving.
This is strange what you say about shaving. I had really thick hair before my chemo but it has got very thin now and the texture has changed but so far I don’t see any bald spots. However the way my eyebrows are growing, they are taking over my face!

Thank you for the good wishes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-04-2018, 08:05 PM

Last time my hair never fell out - it just thinned a little, same with my beard. But these are different chemicals they're using.

Page 55 of 276 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top