Join for free
Page 63 of 276 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 03:11 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Had a bath and shave - my beard is only growing in a few places thanks to the chemo, but at least I don't have to shave my head as that hair appears to have stopped growing but not fallen out. Put on some clean clothes. Then I got out to the Co-Op again for some groceries, still out of breath during short distances. I really miss going down to the Ocean Terminal mall where they have an M & S. I used to be able to walk there and back even though it is uphill all the way back, but no chance with my current health.

But at least the wind has changed and is no longer blowing in from the sea - much milder today. I've got a few windows open and am able to turn off the heating. Still got my hot water bottle but at least the house will be fresher.
That is good. Same here.
I am like you with hot water bottle's, they are a comfort.
So glad that you were able to go out. you.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Had a bath and shave - my beard is only growing in a few places thanks to the chemo, but at least I don't have to shave my head as that hair appears to have stopped growing but not fallen out. Put on some clean clothes. Then I got out to the Co-Op again for some groceries, still out of breath during short distances. I really miss going down to the Ocean Terminal mall where they have an M & S. I used to be able to walk there and back even though it is uphill all the way back, but no chance with my current health.

But at least the wind has changed and is no longer blowing in from the sea - much milder today. I've got a few windows open and am able to turn off the heating. Still got my hot water bottle but at least the house will be fresher.
How about a mobility scooter Ffosse, then you could tootle about all over the place!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is good. Same here.
I am like you with hot water bottle's, they are a comfort.
So glad that you were able to go out. you.
My chemo is causing problems with my feet and when they get warm in the night they start to itch. I’ve tried all kinds of ointments but the only way I seem to be able to stop the itching is to fill a hot water bottle with cold water and put it between my feet! It not nice but I then stand a chance of getting back to sleep!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 06:51 PM

It's amazing the range of side-effects people get from chemo.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
How about a mobility scooter Ffosse, then you could tootle about all over the place!
I'd wondered about those - I am a bit young, though, I think. Where would be the best place to get one?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-04-2018, 07:27 PM

I'd love a scooter but don't really have a means of storing it as there are stairs leading up to my house.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Dreamy you MUST claim PIP.
You will then be able to get a scooter on the mobility scheme.
People of all ages use them. You will be able to have a ring bolt to secure it outside. My BIL did this.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-04-2018, 08:27 PM

Although I'm self-employed, I think my health conditions may make me eligible for PIP. I will look into this. But I doubt I'd be able to secure the scooter outside, and it would be too big for the stair.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Maybe time to think of moving to easily accessible accommodation?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-04-2018, 09:36 PM

No! I've been here eleven years and don't want to move. As it is, I think I'd be too ill to move anywhere anyway.

Page 63 of 276 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top