Join for free
Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 07:44 PM

Re: What's your Boredom level Today?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Baz.
I was born in New Milton about a million years ago Seems like it anyway. Lived at Brockenhurst where my grand father had a farm. Moved to a farm between Lyndhurst and Ashurst. Joined the army from there. Lived at a village on the edge of the New Forest called Woodfalls for several years. Now I am living right on the edge of the forest near Cadnam. Arthur Conan Doyle lived at a place called Bignal Wood, just a short distance from me. The New Forest may not have the beauty of places like the lake District, The peak District but I would not want to live anywhere else.
There's no way I can compete with 'a million years ago' but it was about 40-45 years' ago that I first started getting to know that area. Many of the names you mention are familiar to me. You will no doubt know Downton, Hordle, Hurst, Ferndown, Christchurch, Mudeford and Boscombe? All places I used to frequent for one reason or another. I tried to move to that area but house prices were just out of my reach so that never materialised. That would have been a nice area in which to live, maybe not like the Lake District for scenery but just as good in a different kind of way. One of my two regrets in life not moving there but I cannot complain really with what I have now.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 03:11 AM

There was a message in The Chaser today from Her Majesty the Queen.

Her message to Britain was simple and to the point.

The Queen has released a heartfelt message, calling on all Britons to “stay the **** away from oneself.”

Speaking from isolation in Windsor Castle, the 94-year old monarch thanked the frontline health workers for coming nowhere near her, and talked of the enormous financial difficulties that she herself would not be facing. “We’re all in this challenging time together. Except for oneself. One will be fine. As long as you all just back the **** off.”

She spoke of the shock the lockdown has had on many people. “For many, sitting around not doing anything all day will come as a profound shock. Personally, one has been doing it one’s whole life.”

She said that while protecting essential workers was important, protecting inessential workers, such as herself, was the priority.

https://chaser.com.au/world/queens-h...h_4GohTCIfXDQ4
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There was a message in The Chaser today from Her Majesty the Queen.

Her message to Britain was simple and to the point.

The Queen has released a heartfelt message, calling on all Britons to “stay the **** away from oneself.”

Speaking from isolation in Windsor Castle, the 94-year old monarch thanked the frontline health workers for coming nowhere near her, and talked of the enormous financial difficulties that she herself would not be facing. “We’re all in this challenging time together. Except for oneself. One will be fine. As long as you all just back the **** off.”

She spoke of the shock the lockdown has had on many people. “For many, sitting around not doing anything all day will come as a profound shock. Personally, one has been doing it one’s whole life.”

She said that while protecting essential workers was important, protecting inessential workers, such as herself, was the priority.

https://chaser.com.au/world/queens-h...h_4GohTCIfXDQ4
Very disappointed to see a post like this on this forum.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I agree with that too. Ted, bad taste. Not a nice post to put on here. I didn't think most Australian's feel the same way we do about our Royal Family.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 12:38 PM

Why are you disappointed? she's the Queen of Australia. Are you saying we can't talk about our Queen in an international forum? How dare you.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:25 PM

Yes, you can in a respectful way. No you can't, in that disrespectful way & it's bad taste to talk about our beloved & very old Queen in that way.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:28 PM

Off with his head!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:43 PM

I'm not, I'm encouraged to see that the truth about the bunch of useless worthles parasites is becoming increasingly recognised and thebillions along with the "Royal" estates that were STOLEN from the British people were returned.

They've got away with it for FAR too long.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
Off with his head!
Using the Queen's English, plus accompanying rather posh accent, surely it should
be pronounced, "Orf with his head".
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Using the Queen's English, plus accompanying rather posh accent, surely it should
be pronounced, "Orf with his head".
I stand corrected

(Charles - where's the bottle opener?
Camilla - it's his day ORF)

Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top