Join for free
Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:33 AM

Re: What's your Boredom level Today?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have put Pooh bear in my window as part of a bear hunt for children.

Had to go shopping today for milk so bought fruit and cheese while I was at it. Still no toilet paper or paper towels available but lots of tissues (don't need any of them personally)

Apart from that I will be settling in front of the TV for another hour or two watching movies and "The Capture".

Then I will force myself into 10minutes of gardening <groan> mostly weeding.

Afterwards I might try to find the model type of the carbi on my line trimmer to see if I can get a gasket set off eBay.

Tomorrow I receive the first part of the government stimulus package when $750 is paid into my bank account. Waste of money really - I can't go out and spend it! Even worse another $750 is due next month - madness!
government stimulus package ... is that what we* call state pension?

*we brits
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MarciKS ->

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

31-03-2020, 10:41 AM

Ms d00d just entered my boudoir with two pieces of frozen salmon on a plate, after much deliberation we agreed we'd have salmon for supper tonight. One piece each or one to share? that wasn't so easy .....

I haven't told her yet but we're having cheese sauce with it, broccoli too.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:51 AM

I have just vacuumed all of the downstairs. It was not all that painfull.
Normally I have a friend of my daughter that does the cleaning. (Daughter pays for it).
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Son, who lives here, yesterday afternon, when he came home from work, he Dysoned the rooms for me. He even did the stairs a job I hate. He is getting so helpful at present.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Son, who lives here, yesterday afternon, when he came home from work, he Dysoned the rooms for me. He even did the stairs a job I hate. He is getting so helpful at present.
Send him up to me when he’s finished, Tiff...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Send him up to me when he’s finished, Tiff...
He'll need paying, he does it as a job. I don't pay him though. He is actually still working, part time, for how long I don't know.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
government stimulus package ... is that what we* call state pension?

*we brits
No, it is two extra $750 payments to pensioners and welfare recipients on top of their normal pension to stimulate the economy.

The theory was that pensioners and dole bludgers would go out and spend the money rather than save it. Unfortunately events have caught up with them and they cannot go out to spend and there is nothing to spend it one because all the clubs and pubs are shut.

There have been three stimulus packages within the last few weeks plus one from the Reserve Bank

12 March – government announces a $17.6bn stimulus package including $4.76bn for $750 payments to welfare recipients and $6.7bn for businesses for wage subsidies.

19 March – the Reserve Bank of Australia announces a $90bn three-year funding facility to help banks continue to lend to business, and the Morrison government contributes $15bn skewed to smaller banks and non-authorised deposit-taking institution lenders.

22 March – government announces a second major economic rescue package worth $66bn including a $550 coronavirus supplement to jobseeker payments (dole) and a second $750 payment to welfare recipients.

30 March – government announces $130bn in the third support package, including a $1,500 fortnightly jobkeeper payment for employers to pass on to employees to keep them in work, and extending eligibility for jobseeker payments.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
He'll need paying, he does it as a job. I don't pay him though. He is actually still working, part time, for how long I don't know.
Good for him, a very useful contact for the elderly I would think. 👍
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

31-03-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good for him, a very useful contact for the elderly I would think. 👍
He works for the police. Cleaning & sanitizing police stations/workshops locally, so I guess he is still needed.

Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top