Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 12:01 PM

Re: Ben Habib & June Mummery on the Crap Fishing Deal

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My point is WE should be the ones fishing there Zaphod !!
NOT the EU , unless they have a licence or permit from US !!
I bet we don't even have the permits printed yet ??

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Are you just determined to start the boring old circular argument again Donks?

You want us to start bottom-trawling?
Or you want us to catch those fish that we don't eat and which it looks like the EU would make nigh-on impossible for us to sell to them?

What's done is done - except that in this case it isn't yet because it is still under review.
Once you know the outcome will be the time to whinge about it, not before.

(And we will for now ignore the little fact that Bread's Guardian link clearly says that the type of fishing you're grumbling about was happening in 2019 when were were in the EU.)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Are you just determined to start the boring old circular argument again Donks?

You want us to start bottom-trawling?
Or you want us to catch those fish that we don't eat and which it looks like the EU would make nigh-on impossible for us to sell to them?

What's done is done - except that in this case it isn't yet because it is still under review.
Once you know the outcome will be the time to whinge about it, not before.

(And we will for now ignore the little fact that Bread's Guardian link clearly says that the type of fishing you're grumbling about was happening in 2019 when were were in the EU.)
Nothing wrong with beam trawling as long as its not done in conservation areas or using pulse beam trawlers like the Dutch do (and the Danish).

We only catch fish we don't eat because we don't have the species quotas, we should have 80% now like we we're promised. I've told you this about 20 times now.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 06:45 PM

I hate to point out the bleedin' obvious but they wouldn't be fishing there if there were no fish.

I'm not saying that there is no harm caused because I'm sure there is, but I'm genuinely interested as to what exactly you think should be done - bearing in mind that as has been shown, this subject is still under review.
Quotas aren't linked to areas - that's zonal attachment which we aren't implementing even though its our own law.

Implement zonal attachment and the UK allocates quotas on a yearly basis favouring UK boats with 60% of all catches landed at a UK port for processing.

Then ban all foreign vessels from our 12 mile mark.

Set up wider no take zones around conservation areas and implement REM on all vessels then prohibit sales of quotas to vessels that are not UK registered.

That would be a good start and according to our own law

That would solve most issues too.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nothing wrong with beam trawling as long as its not done in conservation areas or using pulse beam trawlers like the Dutch do (and the Danish).

We only catch fish we don't eat because we don't have the species quotas, we should have 80% now like we we're promised. I've told you this about 20 times now.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it if it isn't strictly true.
Repeating something ad infinitum is not a measure of accuracy.
Like your protests over bottom-trawling and your Guardian link that if you read it says that what you're moaning about happened in 2019 and so before Brexit, you're just misleading people.

As for your zonal attachment, has this been firmly settled yet by our government and update us please on just how your campaigning with them is going, because they are the ones that apply such measures.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

02-03-2021, 09:40 PM

It doesn't matter how many times you say it if it isn't strictly true.
Repeating something ad infinitum is not a measure of accuracy.
Like your protests over bottom-trawling and your Guardian link that if you read it says that what you're moaning about happened in 2019 and so before Brexit, you're just misleading people.

As for your zonal attachment, has this been firmly settled yet by our government and update us please on just how your campaigning with them is going, because they are the ones that apply such measures.

Zonal attachment is part of the Fisheries Bill 2020 ... how's that going ?

Implemented ?

Err.. no ...
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 12:11 PM

This might help in understanding the issue:
https://nffo.org.uk/news/ukeu-annual...operation.html
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-03-2021, 12:21 PM

This might help in understanding the issue:
https://nffo.org.uk/news/ukeu-annual...operation.html
It's you that doesn't understand, I've been explaining this over and over and over again.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

04-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's you that doesn't understand, I've been explaining this over and over and over again.
Give it a rest, it's me that is posting the facts while you witter on.
Now I've given the link for readers to see it for themselves as seen by the international fishing industry.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Now I've given the link for readers to see it for themselves as seen by the international fishing industry.
Your not posting facts, your posting other peoples work and other peoples opinions.

You might want to do your own research and come to your own conclusions instead of using wikipedia and the internet.

Quotas are set for the next 5.5 years including TAC limits and they are not based on zonal attachment. The amounts of quotas favour the EU for the next 5.5 years and then that becomes the end state. Why is this fact so hard for you to understand ?

Here is the letter from Barry Deas and Andrew Pascoe to Boris Johnson about the plight of the crap deal he got with Brussels.

https://nffo.org.uk/news/a-letter-to...s-johnson.html

The article you posted earlier is as a result of the crap deal we have - it spells it out if you.

Undermining Regulatory Autonomy: The first few plenary sessions of the negotiations for a UK/EU fisheries agreement for 2021 have provided a glimpse into the UK’s future relationship with the EU. The online talks are currently under way in the wake of the disastrous outcome to the Trade and Cooperation Agreement concluded on Christmas Eve. The terms of that agreement cede automatic access for EU vessels to fish in UK waters (including the 6-12nm zone) for the next 51/2 years. The UK, however, retains regulatory autonomy over the rules which apply to all vessels fishing within the UK exclusive economic zone. A major battle now looms as the EU seeks to undermine and dilute that autonomy, whilst simultaneously paying lip service to it.
The bit in bold italic is the bit we disagree on - you think we have full control over our fisheries but my point is because of the 5.5 year + deal we have with the EU we do not because it favours the EU in terms of quotas (massively) not us. They also retain their free access and ability to plunder our stocks unsupervised.

You should see some of the other articles and posts by Barry Deas on the FFL sites and people like Paul Lines and June Mummery.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 01:30 PM

I just read your very interesting link Zaphod, and although it indicates
that talks about fishing are ongoing and continuous it also
confirms all that l and others on this forum have been saying for at
least 4yrs now, as opposed to your view that fishing is not worth
arguing about ??
It also states that any delays in confirming our sovereignty over
our territory will be to EU's advantage so the need for us to make
haste in tying all this up is imperative? This explains why EU is dragging it's heels, but does not explain why Boris agreed a 5•5 yr
extension to the existing quota's ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
PS. did you get your links mixd up ???

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top