Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Re: Unruly dogs

Good for you MC.
It doesn't matter what breeding they are if you love 'em.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That's what my vet said,chihuahuas can be extremely snappy,he couldn't believe how well behaved my little chi was,she is the most adorable,gentle,little girl!...but then,I would say that,wouldn't I!.

I use a halti on jack,stops him pulling.
Yes our vet is always pleased to see Betty as we haven't allowed her to be the normal bitey chi type, helped we had Mollie retriever when we got her as she had an excellent dog to copy so soon realised the vet was lovely and not to be scared.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Dolly is supposed to be a Shih tzu x chi, she looks more like a very hairy long-legged pug x gibbon, beige with black face, ears and shoulders. Her "brothers" were white, one looked like a hairy chi, one like a westie and one like a rough haired jack russell.
I was given her for free and her siblings were given away too, a sort of rescue from a family who had to move quickly.
I wonder if dogs can have several fathers like cats?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Used to know two brothers came from one mother one was clearly labrador based but the brother was more like a jack russel. The parents were both labradors though, so not sure whether a jack russel got there first or what sort of genetic mix up occured.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:41 PM

T'is weird!
My grand dog Rose is Chi x bichon, she is tiny, she's the most feisty dog I've ever known!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Dolly is supposed to be a Shih tzu x chi, she looks more like a very hairy long-legged pug x gibbon, beige with black face, ears and shoulders. Her "brothers" were white, one looked like a hairy chi, one like a westie and one like a rough haired jack russell.
I was given her for free and her siblings were given away too, a sort of rescue from a family who had to move quickly.
I wonder if dogs can have several fathers like cats?

Tess, I'm pretty sure bitches can get pregnant by two different males if she is mated twice in the same season.

That is why if you do a deliberate mating with a certain stud dog, you must keep them away from other males till after the season ends.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top