Join for free
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: Tory party - no hard BREXIT.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And ?
Note the highlighted comment. Strange you didn't classify it as fake news.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
for young people to travel the World within their career paths.
For your young there will be a difference in going to train or work in the netherlands from where they can take a buss for a short visit to mum and dad, or to australia, usa or singapore. Besides, these countries have limited lists of professions that can come there. Within the EU movement of your young is unlimited as you know.
Or would you be comfortable with the choice of your child(ren) to train/work in saudi arabia, marocco?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Note the highlighted comment. Strange you didn't classify it as fake news.

And ?

Your point is ??
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That Parliament Briefing Paper echos pretty much what is in the document I put up before, that we do about £700 million a year with Canada in trade - not much really.

The EU FTA's are there to benefit France and Germany, I've said this time and time again.

An FTA between the UK and the EU would benefit us much, much more than the EU-JAPAN, EU-CANADA or EU-SINGAPORE agreements would ever do, even if you put them all together. The priority should be USA and EU for us, the rest of them don't really make much difference (maybe Japan but most of their cars, (for example) are manufactured here anyway for our market.

An FTA negotiated as a block can never benefit all members the same. If we were a country like Spain that is beneficiary of EU contributions then I would see the increased sale of German cars and French wine as a good thing - I would be clapping my hands because it means more money for me. However, because the UK is a net contributor we don't see the same benefit.We still put in the same amount ...
Hi

We have already turned down a FTA with the EU.

Tusk offered one, but we wanted more.

Our most ardent Brexiteers, the ERG, were also against it.

If we leave with No Deal the EU will retaliate.

WE will have to go to arbitration and pay whatever the arbiters say.

Until such time as that is resolved the EU will be in no hurry at all.

Much of our industry is foreign owned, we do not control it.

These companies will make their decisions purely on profit and self interest.

Car and component manufacturing is in a serious decline, nothing to do with Brexit at all.

However foreign companies are already reducing capacity as a result.

180 jobs are going at a German owned factory locally, reduced demand so they are choosing to close plants here rather than in Germany.

I agree with you that they are not going to close the big plants here immediately, it does not make economic sense.

The next generation of cars are hybrids, and will require huge investment in new engine plants and assembly plants.

The companies will decide what is best for them, not for the UK.

The other issue is the Rules of Origin, once we leave we are a Third Country, so any parts manufactured here will not count towards the EU components in a vehicle.

It is complex and so far our negotiators have not done very well have they?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have already turned down a FTA with the EU.

Tusk offered one, but we wanted more.

Our most ardent Brexiteers, the ERG, were also against it.

If we leave with No Deal the EU will retaliate.

WE will have to go to arbitration and pay whatever the arbiters say.

Until such time as that is resolved the EU will be in no hurry at all.

Much of our industry is foreign owned, we do not control it.

These companies will make their decisions purely on profit and self interest.

Car and component manufacturing is in a serious decline, nothing to do with Brexit at all.

However foreign companies are already reducing capacity as a result.

180 jobs are going at a German owned factory locally, reduced demand so they are choosing to close plants here rather than in Germany.

I agree with you that they are not going to close the big plants here immediately, it does not make economic sense.

The next generation of cars are hybrids, and will require huge investment in new engine plants and assembly plants.

The companies will decide what is best for them, not for the UK.

The other issue is the Rules of Origin, once we leave we are a Third Country, so any parts manufactured here will not count towards the EU components in a vehicle.

The FTA offered by Tusk did not include Northern Ireland if my memory serves me right, but there again, with the antics of our Prime Minister and Olly Robbins just about anything is possible.

I agree - our negotiators have been dire - after 3 years we have ended up nowhere, I just hope that the new PM will see sense and form an alliance with the Brexit Party to leverage the wealth of business experience there.

We also lead the world in battery technology and AI so our future for the car industry looks good - even BMW have decided to form an alliance with JLR to come up with their electric vehicles to share development costs so there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. There are 5000 Ford jobs going in Germany ... you wont see that on the BBC or Sky News either.

Saying that, Donald Trump seems to be doing a good job for us.

And the ECB just announced further decline into 2021 in the Eurozone ....

It's all going on...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Just hope that when negotiating a UK-Usa deal, your negotiators realise that the usa needs the UK more than the UK the usa. Otherwise they will not be doing your country a service.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No deal brexit under this parliament? Hammond has said that a tory pm will be voted down by the conservatives if he/she heads for this option. Parliament as a whole doesn't want no deal exit.
That leaves revoking article 50, and happily living in the EU forever after.
If you counter, please exclude revolutions and other fictuous options the UK has no heart for.
Solasch, did you perhaps not witness the result of the EU Referendum???
The Brexit Party romped home, Do you seriously therefore believe that our useless MP's, after seeing how their parties have been well and truly trounced, would dare risk revoking article 50, or even vote overwhelmingly for a second referendum, after the beating they have taken?
They know full well, regardless of their pathetic threats, that if either was to happen, they would be out of a job en-masse!
Look at what happened to Change UK, who have now scattered to the wind, decimated! that would be nothing though compared to the slaughter that would occur with Tory and Labour if ever either choice was voted through.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Tories and Labour are now bricking themselves over Nigel Farage and the Brexit Party, and rightly so. The idiots now don't know which way to turn.

Again, surely if you have been following British politics as you say you have, even you must have noticed how all of a sudden, the Tory hopefuls for PM have started to man up about the option of a No Deal scenario. Why is that do you suppose? could it possibly be because the people have turned the tables on their treachery? is it because treacherous MP's can now see with their own eyes how their previously eagerly sought 15 minutes of fame in front of the media, belittling and betraying the majority of the people that voted Leave, could mean that sooner rather than later, they could well be in dire danger of losing their for too-long taken for granted cushy life of chauffeur driven cars and gravy train salaried jobs? As I said, the results of the EU Elections brought home the reality to these political shysters that they may well have chosen the wrong team.

Quick, pedal back! seems to be the mantra now of those arrogant,metropolitan liberal elite candidates, each vying for the job of PM. There is just one obstacle? they have been well and truly rumbled! each and every one of them.

People who would in normal circumstances, have dutifully followed the same party that their parents and grandparents before them followed, have finally seen them in their true colours.
Even people who would not normally be interested in politics are sitting up and taking notice, and they are bloody angry!

I could go on but no need. The vote for the Brexit Party in the EU elections said all. The worm has turned and the silence of the wronged people are now letting it be known what they think of the twonks that were elected to represent their wishes and did the exact opposite without a qualm.

I truly believe that because of that, nothing will ever be the same again for either the Tory party or the Labour party. They brought it down on their own heads with their sheer arrogance in believing that when it came to a fight with the people of this country over democracy, they could ever possibly win! Where on earth did they ever get the arrogant idea that after two World Wars that the British people fought and died in their thousands, for democracy, would then just be handed over on a plate to the London Metropolitan Elite and their EU friends?

Revenge is a dessert best served cold!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Solasch, did you perhaps not witness the result of the EU Referendum???

Revenge is a dessert best served cold!
I did. For the second time the british people protested against their government, saying they are unhappy with the british system. Frustrations run high that you are unable to change that.
That anger has to be vented, and you chose the EU as a scapegoat for that. The EU is not your enemy, but that is apparantly how you give meaning to your present situation. I pity you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

06-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I did. For the second time the british people protested against their government, saying they are unhappy with the british system. Frustrations run high that you are unable to change that.
That anger has to be vented, and you chose the EU as a scapegoat for that. The EU is not your enemy, but that is apparantly how you give meaning to your present situation. I pity you.

Totally wrong ... complete fantasy ...

Like I said, we can't make you understand
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 07:20 PM

Hi

Whoever is next is going to have huge problems.

Theresa May stands down tomorrow as leader of the Conservative Party.

She remains as Prime Minister however until her replacement is chosen.

This is not likely to be until the end of July.

She has effectively shut down preparations for a No Deal on 31st October.

This, to my mind, is just an act of spite which is going to cost us money and make Brexit much more difficult than it should have been.

Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top