Join for free
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Minxy got me plastered!!

It was the late night last wees time & me in slippers & pj's clipped Minx on an extending lead as she was drinking out her bowl. I stopped briefly by the door to pick up my recycling rubbish & Minx not realising she was attached shot sneakily at warp factor 10am through the door smashing my hand against the wall lol My index & middle fingers bruised instantly & my hand ballooned. After much swearing & cursing Minx trotted back in oblivious to my agony even though she'd almost decapitated herself!! Well off I went to casualty this morning & indeed its broken in much the same way if id punched a wall or person lol. Now in a lovely purple cast & it feels a lot better even tho its hurting like mad!

[/URL]
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Re: Minxy got me plastered!!

Oh dear Cassie, you're hand certainly looks very swollen, I hope you were given some good painkillers. That Minx looks a lovely dog, is it a Wimerarie? (sorry can't spell that but you know the breed I mean).

I hope you're hand heals soon, it's going to be difficult for you managing at the moment like that, do you have someone to help you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Ouch Cassie! that looks really painful, I hope you don't have too restless a night...

Just noticed it's your right arm ....... are you right handed too?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 11:27 PM

Thats not Minxy.. its Magik my Vizsla lol
I'll manage ok.. Its harder with the hawks that the dogs actually... Im left handed too do not too drastic. My neighbour got me a bag of logs in earlier which was nice of her. They couldn't give me any painkillers as im such a lot for my back & neck it'd be pointless!! Its the itching thats driving me crackers!! Ive a piece of thin tube that I stick down the top to scratch my skin but im trying not to irritate my skin too much.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 07:37 AM

it seems that we are all breaking ourselves at the moment. i broke my right wrist and am right handed so sorry no capitals. why is everyone getting purple plaster, i've got boring old white

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 09:25 AM

Oh dear Cassie I hope it isn't too painful and heals quickly.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 06:26 PM

Ohhh poor you Cassie, my Hounds have had me on my back several times in the past. Last time I rolled down the hill and had to be helped back to the car. Was off the feet for over a week. So far I've not ended up in plaster as you have. The things Mans best Friend do to their owners.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 12:59 AM

Hope all of you with broken bones heal quickly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top