Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:02 PM

Re: Trump Inauguration

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
The trouble now being that Syrians who actually work for American companies and have green card that are now abroad cannot get back into the US.
I don't think that the Donald has thought this latest Tweet through. Google for example are desperately trying to recall its Muslim employees.

All Muslims are terrorists or all terrorists are Muslim...?
Yes Rehab, I never thought of all the Muslims that are a valuable asset to American companies and working overseas. I certainly don't believe that all Muslims are terrorists, in fact I would guess that the majority of Muslims are peaceful family men just looking to earn a living and create a better life for them and their families.

I would imagine it would be quite easy to differentiate between Muslims who are employed by American companies and those who are registering to come into the country for the first time.

Trump is between a rock and a hard place. If there was a major terrorist incident that cost many American lives it would be President Trump the people would hold responsible. Or he will be flogged by the media for his extreme and controversial laws concerning Muslims. Personally I admire the man for sticking to his guns.
Isn't this why the majority of Americans voted for him?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It's also Muslims who have worked for American forces abroad, as interpreters and so on, who are stranded, and these are folk who are in grave danger in their own lands.
If Trump denies them safe passage to US which was previously granted, they'll be hard pressed to find anyone overseas to work with US if they see this is how they're repaid..

Shot himself in the foot?
Thought he was supposed to be so canny?
Sorry Ruthio......
But Trump is not keen on keeping a military presence in the middle east, and I can see him withdrawing from the conflict there, so he has to draw the line somewhere. He would argue that looking after American Nationals on home ground is more important that anything that happens in a foreign land. A lesson that our government might take note of.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Ruthio......
But Trump is not keen on keeping a military presence in the middle east, and I can see him withdrawing from the conflict there, so he has to draw the line somewhere. He would argue that looking after American Nationals on home ground is more important that anything that happens in a foreign land. A lesson that our government might take note of.
I agree, and hopefully we will not involve ourselves in any way either.

Leave it to Russia and give them a free hand without interfering. That would kill three birds with one stone:

- avoid any future injuries or loss of life to our troops,
- keep Russia on our side, and
- let them obliterate ISIS without any resistance from the West.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:14 PM

I think he is letting his fingers do the talking rather than his brain
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 04:18 AM

On that issue of Trump's brain:
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/01/...esident-trump/

As to Trump's ban based on religion, it has now been temporarily blocked.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 05:49 AM

Only simple people think problems have simple solutions.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Trump declares war on what he calls voter fraud and finds his own staff and family riddled with it.

Their dual registrations offer two more high-profile examples of how common it is for voters to be on the rolls in multiple states —*something Trump has claimed is evidence of voter fraud.

With Kushner and Spicer,*The Washington Post has now identified five Trump family members or top administration appointees who were registered in two states during the fall election. The others are chief White House strategist Stephen K. Bannon; Tiffany Trump, the president's youngest daughter; and Treasury Secretary nominee Steven Mnuchin, as first reported by CNN.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ce963c6984b1

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top