Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Angelo Henry
New Member!
Bangladesh
Angelo Henry is male 

08-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Re: Cheap Microsoft office?

I am using free MS office over 1 year. Working well so far. But never think for the paid one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Angelo Henry ->
I am using free MS office over 1 year. Working well so far. But never think for the paid one.
I haven't heard of a free MS Office. May I ask how you obtained it?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 11:13 PM

Maybe meant OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Maybe meant OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
Yes. That makes sense.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I have just come across the following for Office 2016:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...8-df95103aa1e6

Delete cropped areas of a picture

Now this is very useful indeed, both for saving space and ensuring security, privacy, decency, etc ..... is this facility new(ish)? I don't recall it in Office 2007, which I had previously .....
A good find Omah especially the background removal feature. I can't remember this feature in Office 2007 either.

BTW - did you get your problem sorted out?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A good find Omah especially the background removal feature. I can't remember this feature in Office 2007 either.
I'm gradually working my way through the "Office basics" online training plan (attached) - most facilities are unchanged but with added levels of complexity.

However, another discovery was that Office no longer contains Clip Art - not surprising, really, given that everyone has (fast) internet access to a world of art .....

BTW - did you get your problem sorted out?
I repaired Office to reverse any changes that I'd made. I still get asked to log in intermittently but, since it's a common problem, I'll live with it for now .....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Office Basics Learning Routemap.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	3932  
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:48 PM

You are correct, the program comes with OneDrive and Skype as standard, two programs that I won't be using. .
One of the good things, about OneDrive, is the ability to use it as a central, powered on all the time, location for files.

For example, I use Outlook 2016 on several machines and have the ability to store the various Data folders, on OneDrive, as I log off one of the PCs which leads to the ability to go on another PC,or Tablet, or Phone, at any time day or night, which is already synced and has ready the new files from the central data file. If you see what I mean!
I only have two concerns (1) I don't like not knowing where my files are and so I am wary of the security (2) There is a very tight limit on the free data allowance.
A plus is the off site backup capability - but the low data allowance limits this..
I'm about to try to replicate the OneDrive process, in house, using the ability to hook a Hard drive up to my Netgear Router and get to it over the net.
We shall see.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 01:26 PM

I use Google Drive for much the same purpose (15Gb free storage as opposed to 5GB on One Drive). If I save my files to the Google Drive folder on my PC they automatically gets synched to my online drive. My Outlook calendar is synched to my Gmail account with an Outlook add-on called Gsynch which in turn are automatically synched to my tablet and phone. Any alterations or additions to the calendar on any of the devices are immediately reflected on the other devices. Same with emails which use IMAP - all go to and from all devices automatically.

Don't you just love technology?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Never thought of Google Drive, Judd!

I must give it a try!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

09-09-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Never thought of Google Drive, Judd!

I must give it a try!
OOps!

Apparently Google Drive is being shut down & removed.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/7/16...p-app-shutdown

Will have a look at what's replacing it!

What's the betting that the replacement will have a smaller allowance & higher cost?

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top