Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 02:56 PM

Re: Disability Welfare Benefits for those over 65

Hi

TessA.

It is a tickbox computer system.

Innocent sounding questions require certain key phrases to tick the box.

The Companies doing this are paid by results, so are the Assessors.

I volunteer at a Mental Health Charity.

One Ex Soldier has severe PTSD, he stays in his bedsit.

He was deemed fit to work because he attended the interview.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
One thing that struck me Swims was the scant questions relating to Mental Health.

I've heard from folk in a support group that assessors judge them fit if they make eye contact or don't appear distressed.
I think they need a different set of questions for those with MH illnesses.

One if the questions I had to answer was who was responsible for my pets another was what photographs I take.
I suppose if I took photos of views it would mean I was able to get places.
Not sure about the pets though unless they count undoing a sachet of food as being able to prepare a meal.
Oh dear Tess , those were a couple of their trick questions I’m afraid .
Taking photos probably does get interpreted in the way you’ e guessed .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

TessA.

It is a tickbox computer system.

Innocent sounding questions require certain key phrases to tick the box.

The Companies doing this are paid by results, so are the Assessors.

I volunteer at a Mental Health Charity.

One Ex Soldier has severe PTSD, he stays in his bedsit.

He was deemed fit to work because he attended the interview.
Shocking that this is a disgraceful fact of how some of those who fought for this country have been treated , tho it wouldn’t just be because he attended the interview .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 03:02 PM

That's what I thought Zuleika, but then you can only answer them truthfully, I couldn't deny having pets, I get great comfort from them.
Most of my recent photos have been taken around and about my home so what could I say? It's my only real interest since I've had to give up most hobbies now.
I will appeal, and fight for it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Shocking that this is a disgraceful fact of how some of those who fought for this country have been treated , tho it wouldn’t just be because he attended the interview .
I think that why you can't apply online and have to phone is to assess whether you can comunicate, some folk can't even talk on a phone let alone do an interview.
I could have had a home visit but I didn't want a stranger in my home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

28-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Another question was what do I do on my laptop and if I use a mobile phone.
It seems like you must be completely immobile or near to it.
I can't see how anyone capable of work could get it.
Zuleika
North West UK

28-06-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Another question was what do I do on my laptop and if I use a mobile phone.
It seems like you must be completely immobile or near to it.
I can't see how anyone capable of work could get it.
Diificult to guess why they asked these particular questions without knowing what your illness or disability is .

There are two parts to PIP.
The Daily Living component is for help taking part in everyday life and 10 Daily Livng Activities criteria you could be questioned about ,

The Mobility component is for help getting around so yes , claimants who work would be entitled to claim for this .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-07-2019, 10:28 PM

I got the copy of the assessors report today. Dreadful spelling mistakes, supposedly a nurse but what type I wonder?
Lots of discrepancies, one bit said I always have pain, then another bit said I don't have pain. It said there was no orthopaedic medical evidence, yet I sent some. Other medical evidence was "not provided" yet there was enough to keep me waiting for half an hour while she read it! As the secretary said, I had provided lots of evidence.

I didn't get enough for mobility, yet I was on High Mobility DLA! I got Care I think but only Standard, which is probably right.

None of the weird questions got mentioned.

Waiting for award letter now to see if they actually read my medical evidence. I will appeal if I don't get Mobility.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:51 PM

I don't think "assessors" should be making decisions, it should be totally down to your GP. The whole system is a nonsense and geared to saving money. That's what it's all about. Thank goodness for the Tories, looking after the public purse....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:56 PM

That post is antisocial.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top