Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Best and worst about humans

There are endless best parts of being a human, here are a couple of ones I like

Best parts

The ability to speak and being able to express ourselves through words, music, art

Good humans show compassion

The way we can make music and sounds

Ability to create such as technology, that never ceases to amaze me how clever some humans are at this

How we can learn languages, writing, reading, maths (although not in my case, I'm hopeless at maths)

The intelligence

How we can think

Worst parts

Religion and is the cause of most problems in the world, it needn't be but there are fanatics and humans who feel the need to preach, this can make it a bad thing
I don't think there will ever be peace and harmony in the world as long as there are religions

Politic. Politicians are egomaniacs and sociopaths who think they know whats best. We need people in politics who truly are are interested in making life better for us all and not just the rich.

Humans how don't care a hoot about our wildlife and think nothing of killing our already endangered species.

These are just a couple, obviously there are many more

What others do you think are best and worst about being human.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:22 PM

Re: Best and worst about humans

Found this online and I agree with it.

moral hypocrites..

Gratitude.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:28 PM

The best :

Altruism (doubtless many will disagree in "Ayn Rand" fashion but I will put it anyway!)
Our amazing ability to work together to make great things happen
Music
works of art
Our endless curiosity
Our continuous innovation

The worst :

Cruelty to humans and animals, disregard for nature.
power hunger with no intelligent outcome
ruthlessness
destroying achievements through pointless wars
Taking advantage of others
Lying
machiavellianism, narcissism, sociopathy
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 01:46 AM

Best: We have the most powerful and complex brain

and because of that.....

Worst: We never seem to be able to get over ourselves. We are prisoners to our over inflated egos. We make everything more difficult (and worse) than it needs to be. We totally miss the point of why we are here. We are simply the top of the heap. Which means (to me) that the only reason we are here is to look after and care for each other and all those beneath us..i.e. Everything. The animals and the planet. Everything else comes second. I have never been happier or more at peace than I am now when all I do is look after my family, my little patch of land and my dog.

I do agree the one thing that has stuffed most of that up almost from the get go is bloody religion. ALL religion
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:14 AM

[QUOTE=keezoy;1731784]Best: We have the most powerful and complex brain

and because of that.....

Worst: We never seem to be able to get over ourselves. We are prisoners to our over inflated egos. We make everything more difficult (and worse) than it needs to be. We totally miss the point of why we are here. We are simply the top of the heap.

This sentence spoke volumes to me,keezoy,I so agree with it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-06-2019, 06:27 AM

Sarcastic undertones....when constant,nasty.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:37 AM

Is that best or worst?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:24 AM

It's impossible to generalise because of the huge differences between races and because of Darwinian evolution even nationalities.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:28 AM

And, being clouded by uncouthness can preclude a conclusion.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:31 AM

This very touching documentary brings out the best and worst of being human .

The amazing courage and resilience of these children

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eu...-meant-to-live

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top