Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Re: Time for ID cards?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have no problem with an ID card, if it helps the country.

However, people who are described as illegal immigrants are, in fact, asylum-seekers. I don't think an ID card would stop them coming. It might possibly stop illegal working by asylum seekers, but greedy, immoral employers wouldn't bother to ask for a ID card anyway.

Loads of existing restraints on employment is already flouted, so I doubt the card would help there really.

I don't know what the answer is but I wish someone would come up with something, it's out of hand.
So called (and usually bogus) asylum seekers are a separate group from illegals that have sleazed into our country avoiding such few border checked as remain. They are now breeding and we have a rapidly expanding part of the population that are --- the polite word is undocumented.

Unlawful employers? That's a whole crock in itself.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why not 'Chip' us like dogs and cats....? Seriously!
I think that having your address on the 'Chip' or Card would require too much admin and expense. Cards that last ten years would frequently require updating for people who move around a lot.
What evidence do you have to back up your statement? This has not proved to be the case in Germany.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:38 AM

Why on earth should I want an I.D. card? I already know who I am
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Why on earth should I want an I.D. card? I already know who I am
Ah but are you real sure about that Real
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Well it certainly is me in the mirror every morning
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 11:30 AM

No problem with ID cards I have carried them all my life while in other countries .
I have even shrunk to card size and laminated the back page of my passport which I carry in case I need its details .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Well it certainly is me in the mirror every morning
Im not sure who is looking at me from the mirror
RS? He looks like somebody l know though?

Regards Donkeyman!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 12:02 PM

No Way, I ain't even havin a Smart Meter.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No Way, I ain't even havin a Smart Meter.
ID cards should and MUST be made compulsory. We now NEED this to help clear out those here who should not be here.

No ID must be made to mean no access to any Benefits, no Access to OUR NHS other than emergency treatment only, no employment with border security services working across the whole country, deportation or internment for illegals - if necessary long term and offshore, in short to clean our national hive.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No problem with ID cards I have carried them all my life while in other countries .
I have even shrunk to card size and laminated the back page of my passport which I carry in case I need its details .
wot a blimming good idea!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top