Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 02:11 PM

Re: Time for ID cards?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
ID cards should and MUST be made compulsory. We now NEED this to help clear out those here who should not be here.

No ID must be made to mean no access to any Benefits, no Access to OUR NHS other than emergency treatment only, no employment with border security services working across the whole country, deportation or internment for illegals - if necessary long term and offshore, in short to clean our national hive.
ID thefts would sore and police would have to spend more time on it as if they don't have enough to do at the moment.

Like most ideas, sound great at the outset until looked into in greater depth and the consequences. Forgeries would be rife and just think of the time waste deciding if an ID card was genuine or not
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 03:35 PM

I would have no qualms about getting an ID Card, I have nothing to hide.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
ID thefts would sore and police would have to spend more time on it as if they don't have enough to do at the moment.

Like most ideas, sound great at the outset until looked into in greater depth and the consequences. Forgeries would be rife and just think of the time waste deciding if an ID card was genuine or not
Not so. The card itself would be like a driving license. It would have a photograph on it and like a driving license and bank card be machine readable.

Like a driving license the photograph on it would be stored in a digital form and be shown if or when an authorised person interrogated the data base.

ID thefts would be all but eliminated because various agencies would be permitted to gain access to parts of the data record as is the case with driving licenses today.

Another very big plus would be that our domestic security, now a real problem because of colonists, would be hugely enhanced.

The only real downside is what will follow on once personal ID cards become established because once a thing can be extended it will be.

Trouble is that the increasing benefits far outweigh the drawbacks in today's horrid multiculturalism.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 03:45 PM

We have always had to have certain items for identity both legally and for personal use so this would be nothing new. All and any of these have been subject to being forged – Driving Licence, Passport, Credit and Debit cards, University diplomas, even examination results can be bought online and used to gain a false pass. I also seem to recall that at one time there were small plastic NHS ID cards, not too sure about that though.

If our complete identities can be forged then anything can be. Where there is an identifiable requirement for forgeries of any kind criminals will move in to make money. Look at how 'keyless ignition' on modern cars has been circumvented enabling criminals to steal high-value vehicles.

It is my understanding that the police service currently has various departments dealing with all types of forgery and fraud. Most of us are aware there are not enough police officers but with the way society is going there never will be, no matter how many more officers there are.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would have no qualms about getting an ID Card, I have nothing to hide.
I always used to be against CCTV and any form of legally enforced ID cards, mostly for reasons of personal intrusion. Nowadays I would be thinking differently though due to how things are. I believe this is now going to happen at some time anyway. Therefore all measures should be taken to ensure those who have the task of finding and identifying those who forge items in the pursuit of crime are identified, prosecuted and jailed. The police need to be one step ahead of them if that's is possible rather than the reverse.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
We have always had to have certain items for identity both legally and for personal use so this would be nothing new. All and any of these have been subject to being forged – Driving Licence, Passport, Credit and Debit cards, University diplomas, even examination results can be bought online and used to gain a false pass. I also seem to recall that at one time there were small plastic NHS ID cards, not too sure about that though.

If our complete identities can be forged then anything can be. Where there is an identifiable requirement for forgeries of any kind criminals will move in to make money. Look at how 'keyless ignition' on modern cars has been circumvented enabling criminals to steal high-value vehicles.

It is my understanding that the police service currently has various departments dealing with all types of forgery and fraud. Most of us are aware there are not enough police officers but with the way society is going there never will be, no matter how many more officers there are.

I always used to be against CCTV and any form of legally enforced ID cards, mostly for reasons of personal intrusion. Nowadays I would be thinking differently though due to how things are. I believe this is now going to happen at some time anyway.
The sooner the better for me...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Im not sure who is looking at me from the mirror
RS? He looks like somebody l know though?

Regards Donkeyman!

I am not sure either.
It's definitely an older woman than me, that's all I know.

I would not mind an ID card, but I would not want to be 'chipped' though.
Two reasons for this -

1. I would feel that was intrusive.
2. I know with animals, the chips sometimes migrate and end up elsewhere in the body.

So what would happen then? Would they make us have it dug out and be re-chipped in the proper place again?

Just an afterthought, but would a chip set off airport scanners or affect MRI scans?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

I always used to be against CCTV and any form of legally enforced ID cards, mostly for reasons of personal intrusion. Nowadays I would be thinking differently though due to how things are. I believe this is now going to happen at some time anyway. Therefore all measures should be taken to ensure those who have the task of finding and identifying those who forge items in the pursuit of crime are identified, prosecuted and jailed. The police need to be one step ahead of them if that's is possible rather than the reverse.
It's no big deal to buy a dodgy driving license but once the police check it it fails the reference to the DVLC base where the real information is held, including a digitised photo.

The ONLY way that an ID card based on the same technology as a UK driving license could be forged would involve data entry where the database was held.

Nothing provides 100% security, but the DVLC, the Passport Office, and our big banks come as close as possible.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:16 PM

The data protection act would stop anyone accessing personal information on an ID card
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-06-2019, 04:31 PM

The data protection act would stop anyone accessing personal information on an ID card
Data protection already stops short where matters of national security are concerned.

What's more on a relational data base it's commonplace to have data segmented such that only areas that need to be addressed by different users can be accessed by them.

But that aside, nothing is for ever and if any existing legislation got in the way of what is needed it would very soon be changed.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:36 PM

What if it were stolen, and used for illicit purposes?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top