Join for free
Page 16 of 29 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2019, 09:59 PM

Re: Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

Originally Posted by gascony ->
It is the old refrain "oh nasty EU" "oh hard done by us". What will the empty headed Brexit fans do when we leave? Who will they blame?
Actually i know - the EU. The thick boys and girls go around with placards saying "no deal; no problem". What they are too dim to work out is that leaving without a pre-agreed structure means that the UK comes back to the UK with a begging bowl. Please EU, can we get some of the stuff we used to have? Please please. We want the nice bits please?
I'm trying to work out the EU response. It starts with f and ends with f. And for that very reasonable response (given that Brexit will hurt the EU economy too) the Brexit fans will blame the EU. "ooh, they are being nasty, ooh its not fair". Idiots.

We voted against being part of the EU.

If your so clever why do you still not understand why we voted to leave ?
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 12:11 AM

I’ve no idea why any individual voted to leave. As I’m sure you will confirm it was an individual decision. I can’t put words in their mouths.
But reflect back to 2016. A hard exit was utterly refuted by the leave campaign. Utterly. A few, you maybe, saw beyond the leave campaign wild claims of an easy & better new deal. But the majority surely accepted the leave campaign position- or why vote that way?
So the question was why did many vote leave? Answer: they were sold a false promise. Easy. Better. Simple. New hospital. Lies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 06:41 AM

I’ve no idea why any individual voted to leave. As I’m sure you will confirm it was an individual decision. I can’t put words in their mouths.
But reflect back to 2016. A hard exit was utterly refuted by the leave campaign. Utterly. A few, you maybe, saw beyond the leave campaign wild claims of an easy & better new deal. But the majority surely accepted the leave campaign position- or why vote that way?
So the question was why did many vote leave? Answer: they were sold a false promise. Easy. Better. Simple. New hospital. Lies.
I don't think the leavers need to explain why they voted to leave, but the majority did ! That is what democracy is about and the only people who have prevented a smooth route to leave, are the self centered MPs who did everything they could to prevent us leaving!
Being an MP, does not give them the right to make decisions that they personally want, it means that they should do what the majority of the public have voted for Every MP had one vote, just like the rest of us.
Remainers should have got over the disappointment of losing the vote, by now!

It may surprise you to know that most of the leave voters voted that way because they were concerned about this country being controlled by EU. The bigger a country becomes, the less it cares about it's residents...... look at the USA, who have done a good job of conning their people for many years!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 07:01 AM

Have you never heard of a "glutton for punishment"??
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think the leavers need to explain why they voted to leave, but the majority did ! That is what democracy is about and the only people who have prevented a smooth route to leave, are the self centered MPs who did everything they could to prevent us leaving!
Being an MP, does not give them the right to make decisions that they personally want, it means that they should do what the majority of the public have voted for Every MP had one vote, just like the rest of us.
Remainers should have got over the disappointment of losing the vote, by now!

It may surprise you to know that most of the leave voters voted that way because they were concerned about this country being controlled by EU. The bigger a country becomes, the less it cares about it's residents...... look at the USA, who have done a good job of conning their people for many years!
I'm not sure you fully understand the nature of representative politics.
Nor do you seem willing to recognise the actions of those in the tory party who have acted and voted against the government consistently over the last 3 years. If anyone has stopped an orderly exit then look to the ERG.
Lastly, how is that you can understand the basis of "most voters"? You have not got a clue what drove each person to vote, you can only extrapolate from your own and your acquaintances views. So, no, I doubt that we can say with confidence why 'most' people voted they way they did. We can say that some people were influenced by what turned out to be lies and lack of information. We can also be certain that since 2016 the dialogue and focus of discussion has changed significantly. It is not the same debate as was had in 2016.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 07:26 AM

just been sent an email that in the event of a no deal we will need an IDP to drive in France .
After May guaerenteed the rights of all French citizens working here too.
I do hope we are going to put the same strictures on the Uk for them .
Lousey French they hate us .
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
just been sent an email that in the event of a no deal we will need an IDP to drive in France .
After May guaerenteed the rights of all French citizens working here too.
I do hope we are going to put the same strictures on the Uk for them .
Lousey French they hate us .
May has only ever offered minimum 'rights' to EU citizens in the UK - and set out the costly process to apply for a right of residency. Hardly a guarantee of anything.
In the meantime, the reason UK drivers will need something more than a UK driving licence is that in the event of a no deal exit, all the things that have been mutually recognized will not be mutually recognized. So a German driving licence won't be recognized as valid for driving in the UK (unless the DVLA decides to accept that as valid). This will also apply to taking pets into the EU - pet owners will now need to evidence the health of their pet.
This has nothing to do with the French hating the UK. Grow up.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 08:49 AM

I'm not sure you fully understand the nature of representative politics.
Nor do you seem willing to recognise the actions of those in the tory party who have acted and voted against the government consistently over the last 3 years. If anyone has stopped an orderly exit then look to the ERG.
Lastly, how is that you can understand the basis of "most voters"? You have not got a clue what drove each person to vote, you can only extrapolate from your own and your acquaintances views. So, no, I doubt that we can say with confidence why 'most' people voted they way they did. We can say that some people were influenced by what turned out to be lies and lack of information. We can also be certain that since 2016 the dialogue and focus of discussion has changed significantly. It is not the same debate as was had in 2016.
No we can't! How we vote and the reason we voted that way, is a private matter, so nobody can say anything for sure!
That is what makes these arguments so ridiculous, because nobody knows anything for sure!
We all have opinions, which may be right or wrong, but as nobody knows perhaps we should just accept the result of the referendum & work together to make it go well....instead of making it obvious, to the rest of the world, that British politicians are no better than a bunch of school children, who all want their own way!
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

23-07-2019, 09:00 AM

Maybe you noted that I used the word 'influenced' and did not say 'voted'. This is factually correct because in so much debate, forum posts, media commentary we see reference to the lies spouted during the referendum - how many people do you know who still think that the EU annual accounts have never been signed off? Just one example.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Maybe you noted that I used the word 'influenced' and did not say 'voted'. This is factually correct because in so much debate, forum posts, media commentary we see reference to the lies spouted during the referendum - how many people do you know who still think that the EU annual accounts have never been signed off? Just one example.

Do you honestly believe that the Withdrawal Treaty is an "orderly exit" ?

Page 16 of 29 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top