Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:02 PM

Re: copying photos

You very rarely find what you are looking for with the royalty free sites. I just searched for Old Bethnal Green and got Elvis and a cow. There are some completely royalty free sites for birthday greetings etc with no subscription but they like you to print a credit nearby.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:11 PM

Have a look here mate.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...4dUDCAo&uact=5
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:21 PM

I often ask permission from the Artist or Photographer, if I can copy their painting. It is for my own use only and not for sale.
Also, acknowledge the Artist or Photographer on the back of the painting

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I often ask permission from the Artist or Photographer, if I can copy their painting. It is for my own use only and not for sale.
Also, acknowledge the Artist or Photographer on the back of the painting

The correct way
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:03 AM

I feel, personally speaking, that if you put a photo on the Internet, you shouldn't expect it not to be used by others.
It's nice to be asked but, it would be such a fuss to do anything about it, probably cost a lot too.
As long as people don't claim it as their own I'm not really bothered.
If my photos appeared on an advertisement or for other comercial use , I might think differently .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Absoutely Tessa
People who don't want their stuff used put a watermark or signature over it .
Most people are not making money out of someone else's work .
Pictures are used in schools Art colleges evening classes and lots of other places .
Half the time photos have no reference so who knows whose they are .
Crikey life would be complicated if every amateur painter inundated people with requests to reproduce something .
There are hundreds of pictures on the net some that can be used .
Ie if you want a picture of a vintage car in your picture just look in the for sale section of a car sales site .
No one is going to be troubled about copywrite .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I feel, personally speaking, that if you put a photo on the Internet, you shouldn't expect it not to be used by others.
It's nice to be asked but, it would be such a fuss to do anything about it, probably cost a lot too.
If my photos appeared on an advertisement or for other comercial use , I might think differently .
That's how I feel too Tess and I would imagine that most agree. If Photographers are allowed to take your picture and publish it without your permission, then the general public should be able to use their pics without permission.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Have a look here mate.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...4dUDCAo&uact=5
Thanks Gasman. There are plenty of pics out there but although those sites claim to be royalty free, I believe you have to sign up and pay a subscription - min around 20 quid.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've seen a couple of 'Happy Birthday' images that I made used again on OFF by well-wishers for the next year along. Quite nice that those who posted them thought they were good enough for that.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 04:47 PM

I visited a local Nature Reserve and noticed that they had a monthly photo competition on monthly themes based in the Reserve. I thought that it was something I would enter- until I spotted the small print. The Reserve claimed the copyright of any photos entered in the competition- including the right to publish and use the photos wherever and however they wished.
Considering some of the high quality photos I saw around ,I thought that the Reserve was assuming too much- especially as the monthly prize was a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top