Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Dark Money..... BBC1

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this four part drama that is currently being shown on BBC1 on Monday and Tuesday evenings at 9pm.
As usual, l recorded it and watched the two episodes this morning.
It is a deeply harrowing drama about a working-class London family whose 13 year old son gets a part in a major Hollywood Movie.
The boy shows his parents a video where he is allegedly molested by the highly acclaimed film producer of the movie. His parents seek legal advice but cannot pursue it through the U.K. courts as the alleged sexual abuse was committed in America.

Instead, they accept a substantial amount of money to keep them silent.

The drama continues next Monday and Tuesday.

Jill Halfpenny, plays the boy’s mother in this drama. I think she is such a good, believable, versatile actress.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Re: Dark Money..... BBC1

I've recorded it to watch at the weekend, Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've recorded it to watch at the weekend, Art
Floydy, l think you will find, it is very thought provoking.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:36 PM

I recorded both episodes and have watched the first - what a quandary for the parents to be in with (as yet) no way of getting justice for their son. I can see why they accepted the money but can also see that will not bring 'closure' for them. I shall watch the second episode later today.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I recorded both episodes and have watched the first - what a quandary for the parents to be in with (as yet) no way of getting justice for their son. I can see why they accepted the money but can also see that will not bring 'closure' for them. I shall watch the second episode later today.
Margaret, lt will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
I can see more trouble ahead!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Yes isn't it good . What a terrible quandary to be in , how they felt being told take the money or its closure .

Love it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-07-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes isn't it good . What a terrible quandary to be in , how they felt being told take the money or its closure .

Love it
Yes, Susan, and they only had five minutes to decide!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 07:09 PM

wow, I've just watched the first 2 episodes of this harrowing drama. Acting is excellent by all.

Taking the money has brought nothing but misery for the whole family.

I don't know how his dad kept his hands off that sleazy pig, I would have wanted to kill him.

Can't wait for tomorrows episode. When the daughter finds out the chit is really gonna hit the fan.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top