Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:52 AM

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No scientific evidence that CJD is linked to cattle...

But the good old BBC missed out all the best bits ... how typical and there was me thinking they would tell all.

But you would think BSE only happened in the UK ... ?

Have a look

http://www.oie.int/animal-health-in-...nited-kingdom/
Hi

No scientific evidence that there is a link?

Perhaps you would list your qualifications to overrule Porton Down?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No scientific evidence that there is a link?

Perhaps you would list your qualifications to overrule Porton Down?

Where was it ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Where was it ?
Hi

Porton Down?

I am surprised that you have not heard of it, being a Consultant for Pharmacology Companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porton_Down

As regards the site you referred to, perhaps you should have included the UK Statistics from the same site.

They paint a much different picture.

http://www.oie.int/en/animal-health-...nited-kingdom/

This shows that we had more cases here in one year than the whole of the World did in 25 years.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:10 AM

No scientific evidence that CJD is linked to cattle...

But the good old BBC missed out all the best bits ... how typical and there was me thinking they would tell all.

But you would think BSE only happened in the UK ... ?

Have a look

And how about comparing those to the number of reported cases in the UK to get an honest view of the horrific problem with British beef that was a a direct result of greed driving unsafe and unethical feed practices

There have always been cases of BSE around the world and until it is eradicated there always will be.

The uk practice of feeding cattle animal proteins derived from there own kind proved to be an effective way of spreading the disease on a massive scale

The rise in UK CJD cases in the UK at the height of the BSE crisis coupled with the proven transfer of the disease to other species in laboratory tests was deemed to de sufficient evidence by scientists to ban sales of beef on the bone
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
And how about comparing those to the number of reported cases in the UK to get an honest view of the horrific problem with British beef that was a a direct result of greed driving unsafe and unethical feed practices

There have always been cases of BSE around the world and until it is eradicated there always will be.

The uk practice of feeding cattle animal proteins derived from there own kind proved to be an effective way of spreading the disease on a massive scale

The rise in UK CJD cases in the UK at the height of the BSE crisis coupled with the proven transfer of the disease to other species in laboratory tests was deemed to de sufficient evidence by scientists to ban sales of beef on the bone

Where is the evidence that vcjd is caused by eating infected animals ? I dont mean "maybe, or "could" be I want the actual data showing the conclusive evidence.

What other countries in the EU that had bse infected cattle faced the ban on exports and the wholesale slaughter we faced?

The french even ignored their problem.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Your spot on Banchory. I was involved in collecting samples and sending them on to Porton Down, vCJD units etc. I remember Gummer feeding a hamburger to his daughter to prove it was safe! No one is really sure what the carriage rate is ( the figure 1/2000 has been mentioned) or the incubation period, so it is an ongoing problem. It is too much of a tragedy to make cheap political points over.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-07-2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Your spot on Banchory. I was involved in collecting samples and sending them on to Porton Down, vCJD units etc. I remember Gummer feeding a hamburger to his daughter to prove it was safe! No one is really sure what the carriage rate is ( the figure 1/2000 has been mentioned) or the incubation period, so it is an ongoing problem. It is too much of a tragedy to make cheap political points over.
Where is the proof ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Where is the evidence that vcjd is caused by eating infected animals ? I dont mean "maybe, or "could" be I want the actual data showing the conclusive evidence.

What other countries in the EU that had bse infected cattle faced the ban on exports and the wholesale slaughter we faced?

The french even ignored their problem.
The scale of other countries problems was minuscule compared to the UK’s self inflicted epidemics day most likely within the norms of the natural occurrence of the disease Even the village idiot could understand that

The french certainly bought our infected feed but the number of cases as per your link is extremely low in comparison to the UK figures

From last nights programme it seems the greatest risk was from recovered meat (sludge) which was used in popular low cost products and pet food in the UK. I seem to remember it was only beef on the bone from cattle over a given age was banned from sale

As the safety of British beef was uncertain the rest of the world rightly undertook whatever protective actions they deemed necessary

If the UK had concerns over foreign herds they should have taken the appropriate action

If you want absolute proof perhaps you should offer yourself as a laboratory test subject if you are so certain there is no link to CJD
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-07-2019, 09:00 AM

The scale of other countries problems was minuscule compared to the UK’s self inflicted epidemics day most likely within the norms of the natural occurrence of the disease Even the village idiot could understand that

The french certainly bought our infected feed but the number of cases as per your link is extremely low in comparison to the UK figures

From last nights programme it seems the greatest risk was from recovered meat (sludge) which was used in popular low cost products and pet food in the UK. I seem to remember it was only beef on the bone from cattle over a given age was banned from sale

As the safety of British beef was uncertain the rest of the world rightly undertook whatever protective actions they deemed necessary

If the UK had concerns over foreign herds they should have taken the appropriate action

If you want absolute proof perhaps you should offer yourself as a laboratory test subject if you are so certain there is no link to CJD

I take it you can't offer any scientific proof of nvCJD being linked directly to the consumption of beef from infected cows then.

Just more insults - typical.
Banchory
Kent

12-07-2019, 09:12 AM

I take it you can't offer any scientific proof of nvCJD being linked directly to the consumption of beef from infected cows then.

Just more insults - typical.

It was established in national laboratories that the disease was transferable between species in experiments on live animals

For obvious reasons they have not conducted the same experiments on human subjects but there was sufficient visual evidence on sample brain tissue to determine a high probability of a causal link

As I said if you want absolute proof there is no link then offer yourself as a test subject

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top