Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Re: Air rage

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I will have to take your word on all that as I know nothing about drugs, other than what I hear about or see.

There have been cases of people drinking prior to the flight and still being allowed to board, they then go on to cause problems.

I still come back to the fact that if people were to be brought up correctly, knowing right from wrong and that there were consequences for their actions, there would be none of this today.

Over the years discipline and standards have been allowed to slip in so many ways. What we see today is, I believe, a direct result of this.

A sign of the times, sad times too!
Well said, Baz.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:16 AM

Some common sense at last slapping an 85K fine on her. Lets just hope that this sort of punishment is dished out to people from ALL communities that cause these unnecessary travel problems. Personally, I doubt it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Son is an airline steward , he is the No1 in charge, he tells me the crew wish that drinking was limited and that anyone who has been knocking back the booze in the bars should be stopped from going through the boarding gates ,but they are not.

When they then board and are walking and looking capable it's not until they are up there then start topping up it becomes obvious they are incapable. He has often refused more alcohol , this causes problems for the crew and passengers .

But it all comes down to money doesn't it , the bar staff keep pouring and they keep drinking . Son has refused drunks onto the airplane prior to take off but this has caused massive issues because of luggage removal , delays etc.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:19 AM

£85,000 is not that much money, the disruption surely cost a lot more than that. That ghastly woman should be made to pay even if it takes the rest of her life to do so.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She has been.

Another one with a sense of entitlement who thinks the world revolves around them?
Good news our Judd
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
£85,000 is not that much money, the disruption surely cost a lot more than that. That ghastly woman should be made to pay even if it takes the rest of her life to do so.
It probably will take her the rest of her life. It would me.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:21 PM

Stupid Woman. I don't know about others, but I was always nervous enough when flying (and I was in the WRAF for 6 years!). The thought of some mad woman acting as she did would have been enough to send me into a panic.

As for drinking before boarding a flight. Regardless of what time of day or night the flight was, 10 minutes before we always made our way to the Gate, I always went to the bar and had one single brandy. I had to in order for me to relax at the thought of flying and especially to enable my shaky legs to do my bidding and move forward through that door to that coffin shaped plane! It certainly helped, but the thought of drinking more than one drink and then flying in a pressurised cabin would have been horrendous. As it was, after just one brandy, I always ended up drinking bottles of water throughout the flight., so goodness knows how it affects passengers who drink copious amounts of alcohol before boarding.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Whatever caused this women to do what she did, is it fair to stop passengers who know how to behave, from having a relaxing drink whilst travelling?

Why should decent people suffer just because some idiots take drugs or drink too much?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Alcohol should never be served on a flight, passengers should be breath tested to see they have not imbibed too much of it before boarding the plane.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I'm sure the disruption did.
Can she pay the fine? I'm not so sure about that.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top