Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Re: Talking about Gobby Women...

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Exsqueeze me?!

Allow me ladies..

:0 26:
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The lovely Jacinda Ardern, the NZ PM, is in Australia meeting with the Australian PM, the far less lovely ScoMo.

Ms Ardern said she would raise with Mr Morrison the deportation of New Zealand citizens when they commit crimes that attract more than 12 months jail.

"We have seen cases where there is also almost no connection of an individual to New Zealand who have been deported," she said.

"I consider that to be a corrosive part of that policy. And it's having a corrosive effect on our relationship."

Mr Potato Head, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton, speaking ahead of the meeting between Ms Ardern and Mr Morrison, insisted the policy would not change.

"We need to stand up for Australians," Mr Dutton told Channel Nine.

Unfortunately Ms Ardern's Air Force plane broke down and she had to return to New Zealand on a commercial jet with all the other deported Kiwi's

https://www.smh.com.au/national/new-...19-p528wq.html

NZ are a bit of an irrelevance tbh..........Then again, so is Australia!!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Is that so?.. I am happy to be "irrelevant" in your old, grey and cold little part of the world sport. We are quite happy and relevant in our new, warm and brightly coloured spot down here in the South Pacific thanks. At the risk of being tit for tat, in every aspect of life I can think of with exception of cricket and the Queen of Australia * of course, Scotland..along with the rest of the UK, seems pretty irrelevant to me as well. Unlike you I mean no offence. BUt you know..just being "TBH"

* Just in case you don't know, Australia maintains QE2 as it's sovereign constitutionally. LIke Canada or New Zealand. Nothing to do with the British Parliament or government
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:04 AM

As a one time Brit I can say without prejudice that both Australia and New Zealand punch well above their weight.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
As a one time Brit I can say without prejudice that both Australia and New Zealand punch well above their weight.
Well in the big picture I would agree with that. But without meaning to insult any Kiwi sensibilities at all I'm always thinking how good it would be if we both swallowed our pride and joined up as one nation under one flag. 30 plus million people, combined forces, arts, culture, sporting teams and economy and led by JA!..I think that would be awesome. I usually find that people who bag Australia and NZ have never been here. ONce they do come they never want to leave. They should be so lucky yeah!?.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 01:52 AM

How about "New Australia" or maybe "Auszealand". . When I was wandering around the world in my early 20's the phrase was "If I can't have a Kiwi to watch my back, I'll have an Aussie!" and round the other way too.
We have been inundated with Americans in the last couple of years, my new doctor is an American lady just started in the last 6 months and she is so pleased to be here.
keezoy
Australia

21-07-2019, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
How about "New Australia" or maybe "Auszealand". . When I was wandering around the world in my early 20's the phrase was "If I can't have a Kiwi to watch my back, I'll have an Aussie!" and round the other way too.
We have been inundated with Americans in the last couple of years, my new doctor is an American lady just started in the last 6 months and she is so pleased to be here.
Yep sounds good to me cobber/ Bro. I reckon it might be like pushing the proverbial up hill with a hot pin convincing many of your countrymen of the plan though. But in any event here's another lot of impressive women to watch tonight. May the best bunch of "Gobby girls" win.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	cont.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	10318  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Then again being irrelevant to the UK is many, many steps above being a laughing stock to the world.

keezoy
Australia

21-07-2019, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Then again being irrelevant to the UK is many, many steps above being a laughing stock to the world.

Yes agree again innit!..But I think old Boris would be OK to exchange a few dirty jokes with over a few beers with if nothing else. Although I'd perhaps draw the line at red wine. Sounds like he might get a bit difficult after a few of those. I have no judgements to make about Theresa May at all. She has more than enough sharks circling her over there. The thing that stands out to me is that whatever else she has or hasn't done, she has displayed a quality that has been common to many Britons in the past. One that seems to be sadly ignored in favour of bucketting her relentlessly. And that is keeping her dignity under heavy attack. Shame. In any event I think I'd rather spend an hour or so in the local with Boris rather than that smarmy gutless dork Corbyn. And I'm a Labor voter!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

22-07-2019, 02:22 AM

And what a game that was Keezoy. Right down to the wire like the cricket world cup but with a better result!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top