Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 08:36 PM

Curiosity.

I was prompted by a post about 'Curiosity' and like everything else some are more curious than others, I get curious about some things and others just wouldn't take my interest at all, like if an accident happened on the street I would not gather around like some people do, I would just walk on and mind my own business. When I was young and in the days before TV I was always curious to know what the presenters and actors on the radio looked like, later on when I saw some of them on TV they didn't match the vision I had in my mind of them, especially the women, how disappointing, and they had such sexy voices on the radio.
Curiosity is part of the human makeup, but where do you draw the line between curiosity and just plain nosey ? whats the difference anyway? I dont suppose you'd ever get anyone to admit they were nosey, while almost everyone would admit to being curious, maybe thats the difference. I think I'm in a suspicious frame of mind tonight.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Re: Curiosity.

A good post JEM. I am dead nosey when it comes to things which interest me & oblivious to things which do not.
It is a great fault, but I don't care.

My dear gran was reknown for being very nosey, blatantly so, having once climbed into the back of an ambulance to see if she knew the victim of an accident.

Being nosey kept her looking forward to every day of her 96 years.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Whenever I look out of the front window Sheila says the word "nosey". I've decided that I won't look out of our windows ever again.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 09:36 PM

We have a woman who lives on the route I take walking my dog, have to go past her house, no other way. She lays in wait & pounces on people, she has a way of wheedling out your innermost secrets. She can start with a weather comment and from then on you've no chance! This wouldn't be so bad if she didn't tell you other people's business. There's the ex-flasher, pillar of the church; the person who says he's visiting graves, but isn't (the mind boggles); the failed butcher with the sinister wife. Everyone you pass in the village is up to something sordid! I make a point of telling her all sorts of rubbish, so heaven knows what people think of me!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 11:09 PM

Noseyness under the guise of curiosity seems to be alive and very healthy.
I have to confess the women in my wife's family are the nosiest people I know, especially the eldest one Maisie, as soon as she walks into the house her eyes flash like a lizard all around the room, if we have something new or changed around the furnishings she'll spot it immediately and without hesitation or thought she will blurt out "When did you get that? was it dear? where did you buy it?, and now that she got her eyes lasered she is ten times worse! The police must love people like that, makes their work so much easier.
I never notice anything when I visit anyones house, I think I'll never get out to be honest, there could be corpse's lying on the floor and I'd gently step over them without asking what happened.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Has anyone's curiosity level stayed constant over the course of a lifetime, thus far?.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Whenever I look out of the front window Sheila says the word "nosey". I've decided that I won't look out of our windows ever again.

I know exactly what you mean there Alan. My Dad used to nose out the window a lot and Mum used to tell him off. He always used to reply that he was not 'nosey' at all, just 'curious'.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2014, 12:48 AM

If I looked out my window and saw someone there I would be Very Curious as to what they were doing.
If they had a bible in their hand I would send the dogs out to greet them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2014, 08:38 AM

I'm nosy, Definitely! There are people walking past my living room (back from the parking bays and railings) all the time, and if cars stop, or people stop, or neighbours go out, I try to see who, what, why.

Similarly, because all the bedrooms back on to the carpark I'm always trying to see who's driven in, etc.

*notes to self: should get out more!*
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2014, 08:39 AM

Laughed at posts 2 and 3!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top