Join for free
Page 43 of 190 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 12:35 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oooooo! I'm going to start reading this from now on! It's all happening here!
Ahhhhh !!!! But are you on OGF's friends list ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 08:52 AM

No...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No...
We can put that right in an instant Tessa....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good post OGF.imo.
Thanks Spitty much appreciated, sometimes you just have to get things off your chest, as the actress said to the bishop!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2016, 01:46 PM

I was so pleased OGF to read about the poor little squirrel whose life you saved. Well done and thank you for acknowledging my request recently for friendship. I thoroughly enjoy your blogs and especially since I have very limited mobility it helps me to visualize the sort of runs I was used to in my fitter days.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Thanks Moyra, your always welcome in 'Bob's Bits'....

The best thing I can say about this mornings eight mile run was 'Average' and it wasn't raining. I'll blame it on the lost hours sleep last night. As I left the village the sun had already risen but there was still a chill in the air from the South West wind. I wasn't running as smooth as I should have been and my bunion was aching. I've had that bunion for as long as I can remember and sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn't, but I know from experience that the more I keep mobile the less it seems to bother me, when I was out jogging everyday as a postman it was practically non-existent. I reached the next small village and the church clock read five past two, I guess these old clocks don't like being messed about with. I pressed on at a relaxed pace and it did get easier, including the bunion, sometimes at the start of a longer run before you've got the body warmed up you wonder if you are going to manage running all the way round an eight mile course, but you always do. I eventually arrived home and in quite good condition but the time was poor.

I watched the interview of Donald Trump by Piers Morgan in the week - I've never really liked either but was pleasantly surprised. Donald Trump is the type of bloke who can easily be misunderstood and you've got to listen to him and try to understand some of his visions, I can see why he's become so popular. He's a do'er, and that's what people like to see in a politician. He made the point that if just one person had been carrying a gun in the theatre massacre in Paris - Also at the resort in Egypt where gunmen were allowed to walk around freely shooting indiscriminately - things would have been very different, bullets wouldn't have been flying just in one direction and they might think twice before terrorists could just walk around and spray the crowd killing and injuring hundreds.

In America the lone terrorist gunmen pick on schools because they know they won't be faced with returning fire like they would if they attacked anywhere where there would be gun totin' adults. Piers Morgan is against gun culture and reckons that there are 85 people killed in America every day - that is the amount of people killed by guns in Britain over one year! But you can't fight terror by puffing up your chest and saying 'We will be strong and not pander to the whims of terrorists' you need to carry a weapon and shoot em'
Electricity kills people, but if it's installed by someone qualified and used with care it is one of the best inventions of our time. I'm not saying all and sundry should carry a gun, but just having specially trained officers attending places where large crowds of people will be gathering it might just save some lives. Man has been more successful than animals because of his use of 'tools' firearms are just another tool.......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 05:42 PM

I have to disagree to a point, in that, it seems the Gunman's aim is usually to depart this world anyway, the carrying of a Gun by someone else, could mitigate the numbers of lives lost, but, who's to say that the other Gun carrier, may not become deranged at some point, and use it in the same manner as the original Gunman?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-03-2016, 10:00 PM

I have to disagree to a point, in that, it seems the Gunman's aim is usually to depart this world anyway, the carrying of a Gun by someone else, could mitigate the numbers of lives lost, but, who's to say that the other Gun carrier, may not become deranged at some point, and use it in the same manner as the original Gunman?
Yes you're right Spitty, they do want to depart this world but they want to take as many infidels with them as they can but an armed guard could take him out after his first shot and not allow him to strut about shooting people at will as what happened in Paris and Egypt. We just have to get used to the police and others ( who are selected and properly trained) to be visible on our streets carrying arms. If you want to cure the disease you have to take the medicine even if it doesn't taste nice! They are treating our public places as battlefields so we must respond accordingly. Strong words and stubborn actions are no match for an AK47.

There is always the risk of someone running wild with a gun, but considering how many British Soldiers carry weapons and have been successfully trained to keep a cool head under pressure, I think that scenario would be rare. I think policemen should also be allowed to carry weapons after some kind of psychological evaluation. What's the alternative? To carry on as we are and expect these atrocities to happen every couple of months.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 10:09 PM

There have been a couple of Pilots of late, who, have taken out a fair number of innocents, seems you can't really rely on anyone. Best to restrict the means anywhere.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-03-2016, 10:16 PM

There have been a couple of Pilots of late, who, have taken out a fair number of innocents, seems you can't really rely on anyone. Best to restrict the means anywhere.
People sometimes die for the greater good Spitty war is never pretty and the innocent suffer with the guilty. We must accept that we are at war and treat it as such, the softly softly approach is not going to work here. They are using our freedoms against us.

Page 43 of 190 « First < 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top