Join for free
Page 54 of 190 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've posted in this thread before, but I didn't realise Old Grey Fox was called 'Bob', so I didn't put the two together! My apologies.
Very good, interesting reading, Bob. The cruise sounded fantastic
Nice to see you here Floydy thanks for looking in. Yes Bob's Bits goes back a long way and somewhere among the posts I have posted a copy of my life story up to and including my first heart attack which, I must say, took me by surprise. It's probably good reading for those nights when you can't sleep, it should send you off with no bother.

And yes, the cruise was brilliant but like you I had a rude awakening when I put on shorts and tee shirt and went out for my first run back home. After running in the Canaries It was such a shock. Just about got acclimatised now, still in shorts and tee shirt though.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice to see you here Floydy thanks for looking in. Yes Bob's Bits goes back a long way and somewhere among the posts I have posted a copy of my life story up to and including my first heart attack which, I must say, took me by surprise. It's probably good reading for those nights when you can't sleep, it should send you off with no bother.

And yes, the cruise was brilliant but like you I had a rude awakening when I put on shorts and tee shirt and went out for my first run back home. After running in the Canaries It was such a shock. Just about got acclimatised now, still in shorts and tee shirt though.....
Ha! Aye, tell me about it - the weather shock that is. Got back from sunny Tenerife last Wednesday and it was freezing!

I'll pop in now and again bud. Nice little 'journal' you have here
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 10:04 PM

Sunday is a busy day in the Fox household, I get out early for my longest run of the week (old habits die hard) and Mrs Fox goes walking with some friends. Mrs Foxes Dad will be ninety next week and every Sunday I go and fetch him to have his Sunday Lunch and Tea with us, I then return him home after Countryfile.

So Mrs Fox being the house proud woman that she is likes to tidy the house before he arrives. This week she was busy dusting so I helped her by taking over the Vacuuming. It was while I was working in another room that I heard a crash and bang coming from the kitchen, I rushed in to find Mrs Fox laying on the floor and moaning.

She was in the habit of standing on the kitchen chairs while dusting the top of the cupboards and today she had fallen off. After a quick examination it was confirmed that there were no broken bones and with help managed to struggle up from the floor. Apart from being winded and badly bruised, with difficulty she was able to continue preparing the dinner.

This morning Mrs Fox was as stiff as a board and simple tasks were painful but with the help of Ibuprofen she has made it through the day. She plans to do her early morning walk tomorrow, I must commend her for her courage. Takes after her hubby!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 11:28 PM

Poor Mrs Fox, I hope she'll feel better soon
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 11:37 PM

Hi Foxy, Just signing in! I can't believe l didn't know this thread existed, l tend to go straight to 'General' and stay there!
There's all these nooks and crannies on this site. I need to go exploring!
Gosh, l've just read about Mrs Foxy, l'm glad she didn't suffer anything serious. It's the shock that affects you more.
Happy 90th Birthday to your father in law. I hope you don't give him the bumps or arrange a kissogram!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 11:38 PM

So sorry about Mrs Fox's fall but please tell her that her Dad won't be looking to see if there's dust on top of the cupboards !!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-10-2016, 11:03 AM

Thanks Mags and Myrtle, I've passed on your good wishes to Mrs Fox but today the bruise has come out and she says she feels more stiff than yesterday, she still managed to go out for her early morning walk though (in the rain) is there no end to her punishment? I keep telling her Myrtle, but she says that she knows the dust is there and in our house dust has no hiding place. There are several sets of assorted steps in our garage but I guess it's easier to pull out a chair, she shouts at me for climbing on the roof or painting the eaves saying that I'm getting too old for climbing, but when the boot is on the other foot it's different.

Artangel, what a lovely surprise. I've been resident on this site getting on for two years and there are still some very interesting backwaters that even I haven't found yet. I prefer to spend my time on just this one forum, in that way you can give it your full attention and get to know all the people and their little quirks (and my, are there some quirks!) I've even given up on facebook and twitter there is too much diversity of members. Everybody on here have been round the block a few times and have some great life experiences. Also, so my family don't think that I am obsessed with computers and forums I limit my time and try to spend it wisely, so I come on here as often as I dare.

I was late going out for my run this morning - My car was booked in for 8:00am at the local garage for it's MOT and service. I just let them have it for the day. So I turned up at the garage dressed in Tee shirt and Shorts and started my run from there. He must have thought I was a weirdo as I stood there in the pouring rain and it wasn't even light yet. Anyway, I set off along a road I don't usually run down, I couldn't believe how busy it was, it took me ten minutes just to cross, endless streams of cars and vans, thank God I don't have to join that parade anymore. I was soon out on country roads away from the hustle and bustle and with a swathe of blue sky getting ever closer even the rain had stopped.

It went well for the first three miles and then I felt a tiredness in my quads. A long distance runners power comes from muscles in the lower back, buttocks and quads and I could feel mine tightening up. The cold sometimes does this or trying to heavy weights like suitcases while on holiday and it always take a while to manifest itself, with some care and Ibuprofen it often goes away, the worst thing to do is admit to it, only then does it become an injury.....So Shhhhhhhhhh....

By the way Arty, we have booked the FIL into a hotel in Scarborough and invited a few family and friends to celebrate, there won't be any bumps or strippergrams this year just a spot of champagne....I'll take me running kit. You never know!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-10-2016, 09:52 AM

Ouch! Mrs Foxes Bruises.....

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ouch! Mrs Foxes Bruises.....

Ouch! ..... that looks painful
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-10-2016, 11:27 AM

Thanks Mags Mrs Fox assures me that it is painful but I think the first few days were always going to be the worst and it should be subsiding soon. She can't get comfy in bed so not getting much sleep - except while Coronation Street is on, good job I record it for her. Despite her injuries we managed to make it to the cinema at Meadowhall yesterday to watch Deepwater Horizon, enjoyed it but Kurt Russell is looking old these days.

A beautiful Autumn morning was waiting for me as I led out for my Thursday Six. Again I managed to get half way round before my lower back muscles started tightening up and taking away my power. I just turned down the pace and limped home. Two days rest now before Sunday's run so I'll wack down some Ibuprofen and see what happens.

Page 54 of 190 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top