Join for free
Page 63 of 190 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 11:12 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks Mags, Myrtle and Twink, I'm afraid it's not looking good for tomorrows run.
The offending buttock was giving me some grief yesterday after the run and I think running again on it will just provoke it further. Apart from the buttock though my quads were so stiff this morning telling me that it's just what they needed. It's been a long time since I have felt stiffness in my muscles following exercise.

I intend to walk round my five mile route in the morning and see how it goes but it's a rest day today - well, sort of - Going to the cinema at Meadowhall to watch Fantastic Beasts, so at least I'll get something nice to eat. Mind you though, saying that, I tipped the scales at eleven stone on Saturday, that's half a stone heavier than I normally am so I'd better be careful what I choose for lunch....Frank Cannon springs to mind.....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags, Myrtle and Twink, I'm afraid it's not looking good for tomorrows run.
The offending buttock was giving me some grief yesterday after the run and I think running again on it will just provoke it further. Apart from the buttock though my quads were so stiff this morning telling me that it's just what they needed. It's been a long time since I have felt stiffness in my muscles following exercise.

I intend to walk round my five mile route in the morning and see how it goes but it's a rest day today - well, sort of - Going to the cinema at Meadowhall to watch Fantastic Beasts, so at least I'll get something nice to eat. Mind you though, saying that, I tipped the scales at eleven stone on Saturday, that's half a stone heavier than I normally am so I'd better be careful what I choose for lunch....Frank Cannon springs to mind.....

ELEVEN stone........ if only Bob. This Bob grossed up to 18 and a half stone 3 years ago. My weight today is less FOUR stone & going down. You never know I might take up running when I reach 11 stone, but I suspect that friends & family will think I'm ill. On the bright side I am the perfect height for person of 10 foot high.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 11:03 AM

There is more joy in heaven RJ when a person repenteth......
If you like I can sort you out a training programme....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-11-2016, 11:37 AM

Although I managed a few short bursts of running on this mornings five miler it fell well below the criteria to be entered into the running log and boost my years total.

The frost was keen and the going was good and hard, all the puddles had a layer of ice and it would have been perfect for a swift invigorating run but unfortunately it would have to be walk today. I could feel my left buttock aching as soon as I set off but it did subside as I warmed up. I usually take an apple with me and consume it on the first mile when it's just going to be a walk, but by the time I was down to the cog my hands were freezing and I was so glad to be able to put my gloves back on.

After the apple I jogged for a while to get warm, the muscles didn't seem to get any worse but not wanting to push too hard I walked it round to the main road. Faces stared out of the windows of queueing vehicles waiting to take their place on the roundabout, and the occasional 'Ace of Base' thumping out a rhythm, how can they listen to music that loud.

To save face I had to jog mostly past the queueing traffic, I didn't want to look like a weirdo walking past in a pair of shorts on a sub zero freezing frosty morning. So I jogged past them all and turned off down the quiet road that leads to the lane and walked.
As the muscles tightened their grip running became less frequent until at four miles running ran out! By this time my left leg had become too stiff to lift so I shuffled the last mile home. Despite the setback, it was still good to be out......

We did manage to get to the cinema yesterday and enjoyed watching 'Fantastic Beasts' in 3D, it turns out it was more believable than 'Arrival' the movie we saw last week. I couldn't get over the amount of food that some people brought into the cinema, gynormous buckets of popcorn and big plates full of Nacho's and all washed down with two litres of Coca Cola. It made my Mars Bar and Licorice Allsorts look like healthy food...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 01:38 PM

15 Stone four Lbs, was my heaviest, I am now 79 Kgs (about 12 Stone 4 Lbs I think).
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
15 Stone four Lbs, was my heaviest, I am now 79 Kgs (about 12 Stone 4 Lbs I think).
good weight for a 4 foot dwarf?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Close 12st 6lb is the weight in LSD.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 11:45 PM

A large geezer I knew, during a hot spell in the mid 90s said "God it is hot, it is so sweaty in my underpants, I've got a fat belly, but a models arse", top that Bard.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-12-2016, 11:24 AM

I seem to be living in a sort of 'Groundhog Day' with every day the same. I didn't leave the house yesterday, Mrs Fox went out with a friend for lunch and returned at around five just in time for me to cook her some dinner.
I've made a huge mistake....On Wednesday I really needed to go out early in the morning for a Walk/Jog, It's usually a rest day and especially so since my buttock is playing up (It needs a day to settle down after exercise) I could feel an ache right from the word go, but I carried on round a three mile course and by the time I got home I could hardly walk.

So after Ibuprofen and massage I have decided to give it complete rest until Sunday, but If it still hurts I will postpone walking and jogging indefinitely. Talking to Mrs Fox is like trying to pick my way through a bramble bush in the nude, she has got her awkward head on at the moment.

So days come and go and I am unable to burn off all of my excess energy, I try to find interesting stuff to do but nothing seems to fill the void. Even Over 50s Forum has gone quiet and I keep habitually searching the topics for something exciting and inspiring.....
As you can see I'm on a right downer so another visit to the cinema at Meadowhall today with some friends to watch 'Allied' and hope I can shake off this negativity. At least I might be able to find something nice to eat that I haven't had to cook myself.

Mrs Fox has just scowled at me round the corner as she disappears into the bathroom, it'll be the same old moan "Waters not very hot!" Well it wouldn't be would it while I'm washing up my breakfast pots and nicking all the hot water....

No Ibuprofen this morning because I don't like taking it unless I have to and I can feel a tightness in my lower back as I'm writing this so it looks like I'm in for the long haul with this injury, the weather outside is perfect for a long walk or a run, not a breath of wind and it's even quite mild, but I'm sat here on the subs bench feeling sorry for myself.

Better make a move before Mrs Fox gets out of the shower and fires a hail of abuse at me about wasting my time on the internet, I wish I could climb inside the screen where there would be no such thing as injury and nagging and you could run as far and as fast as you want in that surreal cyber world of magic.....

Sorry to have bored you with all my baggage, I just needed to get it off my chest because Mrs Fox is no help at all.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:44 AM

Oh Bob I have real sympathy for you. Running was your great joy so, when you ran, Mrs Fox's complaints would have had little effect on you, but whilst you are feeling so down I suspect that any little thing will easily upset you.
If the pain from your injury is not improving, go and speak to your doctor.... he may be able to help or, at least offer you some advice on how long it may continue.Don't give up on continuing your running yet, when the weather improves you may be able to get back to it.
One thing I will say though, is that if we all live to our 90's, we will all have to give up some activities that we enjoy, so for the time being, why not search for another hobby that you can do from a sitting down position..... you may find it useful when you get a bit older.
Always remember that you can't get rid of us, so if you are finding our conversation a bit boring, try to start a new thread that will excite both us and yourself.

Page 63 of 190 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top