Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 06:26 PM

Re: Sat Navs or knowledge?

Hi

Sabrina is lovely, but no sense of direction and is always getting lost.

Her husband has an app on his phone so he can track where she is.

I have an app on mine, park your car, go for a walk round, press the button and it shows you the best route back to exactly where your car is.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 08:07 PM

Google Maps every time for me - updated more regularly, knows about traffic jams and it displays a photo of your destination. Better still, it's free.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Google Maps every time for me - updated more regularly, knows about traffic jams and it displays a photo of your destination. Better still, it's free.

Yes, that's a thought Judds.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 11:34 AM

I wouldn't find anywhere beyond a 5 mile radius from my house without a sat nav but it let me down badly one night.

I was returning home from visiting a friend and it was around 10pm. Straight run the rest of the way but the damn motorway was shut beyond a certain point and everyone had to get off. Trouble with this (and no-doubt I could have adjusted some setting or other) was that the sat nav was always trying to steer me back towards to motorway. I eventually had to stop and 'phone home'. I had visions of having to sleep in the car but eventually I worked out where I was and by more luck than judgement found a safe route. Funnily enough I ended up back on the motorway which was clear again as I had passed where the accident had occurred .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 11:40 AM

I have a sat nav but never use it for the main routes, but I do find it handy for getting you to the right street in an unfamiliar town once you get there.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 11:50 AM

I will admit if Im going to buy something from a private adress I use google maps, that often lets you see the street door. Very handy in a town where of many courtyards and cul de sacs where street names are difficult to find let alone numbers.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:20 AM

This new car has got sat nav in it but always go to google maps and plot my route, then listen out for delays before I set off.

I like to know how long it should take me to get where I am going.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:10 AM

When I was working never used a sat nav(because they had only just been invented) just looked at the map and off you go

Same back in the seventies when I played in bands given the address of the booking (never called gigs in those days) quick look on the map and off you went upto 200 miles never got lost once good scout training
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 11:14 AM

Apparently, and don't quote me on this, but if you are lost, find a Boy Scout, ex, or otherwise, throw him to the ground and his head will always point North.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Apparently, and don't quote me on this, but if you are lost, find a Boy Scout, ex, or otherwise, throw him to the ground and his head will always point North.
Moss will be growing on the North cheek of his bum, so need to chuck him about.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top