Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Nom-de-Plume.

While we're on the subject of this site's idiosyncracies, why does everyone except me have a nom-de-plume? I came here from Friends Reunited and everyone on our site used their real names. Are you all foreign spies?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Re: Nom-de-Plume.

I don't have a nom-de-plume, and I'm not a spy, my name is not Bond.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
While we're on the subject of this site's idiosyncracies, why does everyone except me have a nom-de-plume? I came here from Friends Reunited and everyone on our site used their real names. Are you all foreign spies?
Not quite everyone Alan I have been Meg since I was born

There are quite a lot of people on here who use their given names including Azz.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I think many people have a User name due to duplication of real names. Not many people tend to use their surnames and even if they did it could still become confusing .... for example, if there were two or more Alan Cookes on here, we wouldn't know which one we were talking to!

Mags is my proper name by the way
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:55 PM

The world is full of Jimmys, there are several on here as it is, Jem is an old Dublin name for Jimmy or James, my Dad was Jem the train driver, his dad was Jem the carpenter, his dad was Jem the horse dealer...Would it be Jem the spy your lookin' for?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 08:56 PM

I have a user name or nom-de-plume because I thought it was the normal thing to do when joining a forum. I struggled to think of one and eventually came up with Aerolor which is part of my son's nickname and part of my own name. I am quite happy to be called Rena which is what a few people call me (even though that's not my christian name).
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Like Rena I also thought it was the normal thing to do
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 09:40 PM

I thought it was the done thing to use a username on forums.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 09:52 PM

I also thought it was usual to do that .Please feel free to call me Joy anytime .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 09:53 PM

Sorry everyone, I did not intend to offend anyone ,I was just curious..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top