Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The best thing about this forum is the simple layout. It so easy to find the thread you were chatting on yesterday or last week. I have no problem with change in the background but I hope the layout doesn't change to a 'facebook' type layout where you have to 'view 25 previous posts' for instance. Facebook layout is a mess and I rarely bother with it for that reason. Hopefully things will remain in a similar format.

Thanks again to Azz, Meg and Mags for all your superb efforts.
Oh yes, I agree with that Dingalong.... also colour comes into it too.
The colours here are really easy on the eye. Some sites I browse around on the colours 'grate' on the eye which isn't a pleasant experience......

Gosh Azz, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 05:37 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Isn't it secure now?

I don't care who knows what I have posted on here; I have nothing to hide. I think the only other information held here is my email address.....

.....hang on! Could this be why I've been getting junk mail from 'Latin American Cupid' and 'Indian Cupid' web sites?

No, I'm only joking, but they do keep sending me junk. Fortunately, it goes straight to my Spam folder.
Spam, spam, spam, spam....
You mean to say you haven’t had the Russian Lovelies ones lol? I used to get those daily !
I’m with you anyway on nothing to hide , except my face too of course .

Thankyou Azz ,email address changed now .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 04:30 PM

I'm not sure I like the sound of posting from an email address. I hope that this change does not mean giving up any privacy. I like the anonymity of the forum model. The rise of facebook and google linked forums is disturbing. I hope that we will not be asked to login that way. As that would severely limit my opinions which I keep to myself on social media.

I agree with Pesta about the colour scheme. It's nice and relaxing here. A bit dated but old fashioned is good for many users! So I hope that the new format will try to retain as much of the style including font size.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure I like the sound of posting from an email address. I hope that this change does not mean giving up any privacy. I like the anonymity of the forum model. The rise of facebook and google linked forums is disturbing. I hope that we will not be asked to login that way. As that would severely limit my opinions which I keep to myself on social media.
Hi Annie

Your email address is already linked to your account here (all you have to do is ensure that your email address in your profile here is a current one - as you will only be able to set a new password on the new forum by getting a 'password reset' link sent to your email address).

With regards to privacy we have never shared or sold our membership emails/account data etc with anyone - in fact I'd actually like to remove Google ads from the new platform too (I agree that these companies have become too large!) but more on that later.

For now the important thing is that your email address in your profile is one that you still receive emails from - as you won't be able to set yourself a password (and thus gain access) to the new forum otherwise

You can check your email address here: https://www.over50sforum.com/profile...o=editpassword
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:41 PM

Hi Azz I know the email is linked but I don't send data back by communicating via that link, just receive it.

I'm guessing the email I get notification through is the current one. I'll double check though.

On another subject will users lose all the photos etc? (on their profile albums)
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:32 AM

Did I miss the new change?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by MarciKS ->
It doesn't look any different, does it? I thought we would be having a different design altogether, but it seems we've just got a new server, with the same site design (apart from the added security of https )
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:00 AM

Yes its just the same. Is it still changing over though, I wonder? I got the server message again last night and couldn't log back in, so I wonder if its going to take a couple of days...its a huge site, with a lot of stuff on it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by MarciKS ->
Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
It doesn't look any different, does it? I thought we would be having a different design altogether, but it seems we've just got a new server, with the same site design (apart from the added security of https )
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes its just the same. Is it still changing over though, I wonder? I got the server message again last night and couldn't log back in, so I wonder if its going to take a couple of days...its a huge site, with a lot of stuff on it.
When there is a Change I am sure it will be announced and you will know about it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:37 AM

Thank you Meg.

(I'm getting old and fusty and don't like change. )

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top