Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 01:18 PM

lawn mowers

we have one of those Honda IZY petrol lawn mowers, Sue loves cutting the grass. just now it stopped and would not start, it is serviced every year.
My first thought was oiled up spark plug, well whoever looked at it last time must have done it up with an air tool, I had the devil of a job taking it out . Sure enough the gap points were black as was the rest around. So out with the wire brush and cleaned it all up.

After a couple of cord pulls it spluttered back into life. What I
suspect is the fuel in the carb got used and the fuel in the tank had an air gap before getting to the carb causeing it to not run.
All fixed now making Sue happy
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:23 PM

Re: lawn mowers

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
we have one of those Honda IZY petrol lawn mowers, Sue loves cutting the grass. just now it stopped and would not start, it is serviced every year.
A word of advice, RS, don't ask Sue what's for dinner while she's mowing the lawn
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
A word of advice, RS, don't ask Sue what's for dinner while she's mowing the lawn
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 03:49 PM

yep we had lunch first. Dinner is an evening meal

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top