Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:02 PM

Re: Co codamol

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm so sorry, sounds horrible...you could make a wash with a little water in a saucer, add a couple of drops tea tree and lavender essential oils, just to wash around the perimeter of the wound to prevent it spreading. Might help with the pain too.
But of course if it's dressed and closed you don't have access...

When I had a large skin graft a few years ago the nurse used silver to cleanse around it
!

Sounds like that might have been Colloidal Silver, ruthio?
They put it into some bandages and plasters now I believe.
See below:

"Colloidal silver is not only a powerful bacteria-fighting agent. Several studies have revealed that colloidal silver is also a great antiseptic that works to heal cuts, abrasions, and wounds. It helps the skin develop its healthiest form without destroying tissue cells."
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:05 PM

Yeah Mupsy, that's the one!
Fascinating.
This was at Salisbury, they're clever clogs there, it's where all the brilliant skin work was done on burns victims during the war.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Believe me Mups I am worried about it too.
It's still impossible to touch .
Another trip to the hospital tomorrow .

Muddy, maybe you could be a bit more insistant do you think? Or ask to see somebody else and get a second opinion, if it isnt even beginning to show signs of improvements when you go tomorrow.

I think the idea someone suggested (was it ruthio?) about swabbing the infection to make certain you're having the right antibiotic makes sense.

What does hubby say about it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have been prescribed co codamol for pain relief .

Apologies, I haven't read through the prev 6 pages of replies.

CoCodamol IS very addictive. FIL was on them and it then just became a way of life. He was never without them, couldn't exist without them, made all manner of excuses why he needed them. Nothing to do with pain.

Just don't go there imho.

Use natural pain relief cures.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:48 PM

Gosh Muddy, your hand sounds really painful.

Can't add anything to the thread re your question about co-codamol, as I've never taken it. Just wanted to commiserate about your hand and hope it clears up asap.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:56 PM

U J, you are so true, co-codomol is a killer, it has caused me so much pain and illness to boot, I won't go in to details but believe me folks don't go near it.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:02 PM

Well said Realist, they are dangerous. Cant go wrong with natural pain relief, turmeric is something I swear by, I saved 2 arthritic dogs with turmeric.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Well said Realist, they are dangerous. Cant go wrong with natural pain relief, turmeric is something I swear by, I saved 2 arthritic dogs with turmeric.
So why have l been taking Kapake, as and when l need them, for over ten years and have never felt any addiction or been constipated?
I sleep really well, naturally, never dependant on anything to help me.
I suppose, it’s because we are all different?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So why have l been taking Kapake, as and when l need them, for over ten years and have never felt any addiction or been constipated?
I sleep really well, naturally, never dependant on anything to help me.
I suppose, it’s because we are all different?
Read that back Art .. . .

10 years!
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
U J, you are so true, co-codomol is a killer, it has caused me so much pain and illness to boot, I won't go in to details but believe me folks don't go near it.
Oh please do go into details as I am most interested how 8 Co-Codomal per day 8mg/500mg are a killer and strongly addictive. A person cannot take more as they would exceed the Paracetamol daily limit of 4000mg which could cause irreparable damage to the liver. Further that small level of Codeine 8x8mg which is 64mg is very small and in no way compares to current prescribed psychotic drugs for depression, joint and nerve pain including benzodiazepines which cause physical changes to the brain and cause a far more serious dependency.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top