Join for free
Page 570 of 737 « First < 70 470 520 560 568 569 570 571 572 580 620 670 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:41 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

My green recycling bin wasn't emptied while everyone else's in the street was. I got in touch with Kirklees Council (useless set of tossers) about it, but they haven't had the courtesy to reply. I managed to secrete some items in bin-bags and put into the normal rubbish bin which they took on Tuesday. Over the weekend, there will be a conflagration of the remaining paper and cardboard items that will make the Notre Dame Cathedral fire seem like someone striking a match.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My green recycling bin wasn't emptied while everyone else's in the street was. I got in touch with Kirklees Council (useless set of tossers) about it, but they haven't had the courtesy to reply. I managed to secrete some items in bin-bags and put into the normal rubbish bin which they took on Tuesday. Over the weekend, there will be a conflagration of the remaining paper and cardboard items that will make the Notre Dame Cathedral fire seem like someone striking a match.

Now do calm down dear, you'll only put your blood pressure up.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:51 AM

Price-hiking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-51962556
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Infuriating it is, our council won't empty any bin if the lid is not closed.. flattening and squashing bulky stuff helps or ask for additional bin. No sure if they will charge.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by judd ->
my green recycling bin wasn't emptied while everyone else's in the street was. I got in touch with kirklees council (useless set of tossers) about it, but they haven't had the courtesy to reply. I managed to secrete some items in bin-bags and put into the normal rubbish bin which they took on tuesday. Over the weekend, there will be a conflagration of the remaining paper and cardboard items that will make the notre dame cathedral fire seem like someone striking a match.

My lot (also a useless bunch of tossers) will not take recycling if they find just one wrong item in it (even though they could just place it in the adjacent compartment). Instead, they put a nice sticker on the bag letting you know about your offence. What happens next is, we have to contact the company, who then send someone round to collect it.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:58 AM

People in films and TV programmes who have a conversation whilst cleaning their teeth. Then there's the spitting it out bit. Yuk!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:10 PM

Tesco, They set aside a slot on Mon/Wed/Fri for older and vulnerable customers to shop 9-10am. Went along at the proper time to find the store full of all ages emptying the shelves as fast as they could. Tesco should refuse to serve them or stop them coming in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Tesco, They set aside a slot on Mon/Wed/Fri for older and vulnerable customers to shop 9-10am. Went along at the proper time to find the store full of all ages emptying the shelves as fast as they could. Tesco should refuse to serve them or stop them coming in.

They make these well-meaning rules Roxy, but they cannot possibly work unless someone stands at the door and asks everyone for proof of age.
My local Iceland said oldies shopping from 8 - 10, but I don't see how it can be enforced or monitored.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They make these well-meaning rules Roxy, but they cannot possibly work unless someone stands at the door and asks everyone for proof of age.
My local Iceland said oldies shopping from 8 - 10, but I don't see how it can be enforced or monitored.

Armed Forces and Police will be on the streets before much longer if people's behaviour doesn't change. There's already been a man arrested for not doing as he was told and Self Isolating..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-eur...f-man-51974140
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:53 PM

Too many virus threads - they are spreading through OFF like ... well ... Viruses!

Page 570 of 737 « First < 70 470 520 560 568 569 570 571 572 580 620 670 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top