Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 07:52 AM

Who wants to bet Theresa May will keep her promise???

When Mrs May took office in July she pledged: "If you are one of those families, if you're just managing, I want to address you directly. I know you are working around the clock, I know you're doing your best and I know that sometimes life can be a struggle.

"The Government I lead will be driven, not by the interests of the privileged few but by yours. We will do everything we can to give you more control over your lives."

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/10/28...rsal-credit-c/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Re: Who wants to bet Theresa May will keep her promise???

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;1022031]When Mrs May took office in July she pledged: "If you are one of those families, if you're just managing, I want to address you directly. I know you are working around the clock, I know you're doing your best and I know that sometimes life can be a struggle.

"The Government I lead will be driven, not by the interests of the privileged few but by yours. We will do everything we can to give you more control over your lives."

Hi

Given your support for the former USSR, where not working was a Criminal Offence and resulted in a complete withdrawal of benefits and forced labour, why should you be criticising the Tories?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 08:46 AM

I had great hope when she made that speech I can't say I see too many changes yet. I'm still giving her time but my hope is dwindling a bit.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 09:02 AM

She never said how she was going to do it either, no doubt she will rely upon the old "trickle down" ideology, which has never worked. I can't see her raising taxes to redistribute wealth.

Me thinks it's just words - empty and meaningless.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
She never said how she was going to do it either, no doubt she will rely upon the old "trickle down" ideology, which has never worked. I can't see her raising taxes to redistribute wealth.

Me thinks it's just words - empty and meaningless.
Hi

Since the Tories got in the poorer members of the working public have been better off than before.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 09:23 AM

For goodness sake, give the woman a chance and stop with the harping! Look what she has had to take on and think whether you could do better in her shoes

I admire the woman for taking on such a monumental task of taking us out of the EU with all the whinging anti-democracy mob at her back 24/7.

So far she has done nothing to make me fear she is just making sound bites. At the very least she has done away with the unfair practice of penalising the long-term disabled having to take tests. (a good start) and more than the pillocks in power before her ever did.

Of course the anti Conservative and pro Europeans are just waiting for her to fall flat on her face but until I see that statements she has made being kicked into the long grass, she still has my vote.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 10:50 AM

Good for HER as she was addressing the workers on low wages.

AND NOT THE WORK SHY.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top