Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 11:13 PM

Re: Going shopping

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I always make a list when going shopping ..... and also finish up buying extra to what was on that list!

That just what they were saying on telly Mags. They challenged us that if we only wanted 20 items, how many of us would be able to come out with just the 20 items, and from reading this thread, - hardly any of us would.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That just what they were saying on telly Mags. They challenged us that if we only wanted 20 items, how many of us would be able to come out with just the 20 items, and from reading this thread, - hardly any of us would.
We can't resist having a good look round to see what's on offer, can we

When my husband does the occasional shop for me, I give him a list and he will only get what I have written down, nothing more. Men don't use their imagination like we women do
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We can't resist having a good look round to see what's on offer, can we

When my husband does the occasional shop for me, I give him a list and he will only get what I have written down, nothing more. Men don't use their imagination like we women do
Cant risk the flak if we dare buy something not on your list, a wise a and sage like man i say. Deserves a Knighthood
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cant risk the flak if we dare buy something not on your list, a wise a and sage like man i say. Deserves a Knighthood
I think you may be right there, Nom
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 10:14 AM

I think like most of us we make a list and try to stick to it but if there are special offers on and it is something that we may need we are prone to get it.

I must admit I don't like food shopping and like to just go for what we need and then get out again, its my husband that likes to go down every aisle.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 12:24 PM

I do my shopping from the comfort of my armchair (on-line) and have them deliver my shopping to me.
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 03:46 PM

List it (my wife makes the list) Get as little as poss from Tesco (a type of butter) and main shop in Aldi. Then to Wilko. Over to the market and then home to the task of putting it all away.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 03:56 PM

A list is made but occasionally left on the kitchen worktop. I try to stick to only what we need, we're not big eaters so don't need much. I don't fall for their 2for1 or 3 for2's, I'd never get through them and I will not throw food away!!

If I only need a couple of items, though, the OH goes he really is the ultimate target shopper.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 04:31 PM

" Men don't use their imagination like we women do" - that's dangerous talk.

I'm the one who plans the meals and does the cooking. I've also got highly trained eyesight that can spot a reduced sticker at 50 paces
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 06:36 PM

Another here who always makes a list anyone trying to get me to 'impulse buy' is wasting their time .

I have a note pad in my kitchen draw and when I take an item from the store cupboard to replace a used one it goes on the list so I never run out of anything .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top