Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:22 PM

Re: Where have all the £2 coins gone?

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Oh dear. I save them in my 'Cruise Fund' money box but I promise I haven't got them all. Sorry! ☺
You obviously have a heavy suitcase like me when you go on holiday, Hilary
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Guilty!

I've saved £2 coins since they were first minted and last year I used them to pay for our holiday. I save £100 a time and pay them into a separate "rainy day" bank account that I have. They soon mount up and I'm almost there for this year's holiday too .... and maybe will have enough to also pay for Cassie's holiday in the Cattery
That is a good idea too, Mags. Daughter uses her hoard for presents for people, Birthdays & Christmas.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is a good idea too, Mags. Daughter uses her hoard for presents for people, Birthdays & Christmas.
Yes, that's another good idea Tiffany also after a while, saving them just comes natural and you don't miss it...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 09:19 PM

To deviate slightly from the thread, I could never see the point of having a 'pot' or a separate account for this, that and the other. All my income goes into a current account and all my expenditure comes out of it, simple !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes, that's another good idea Tiffany also after a while, saving them just comes natural and you don't miss it...
Mags, Daughter doesn't miss them anyway, some were ours.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 09:46 PM

I seem to always have a few in my purse like to get rid quick they are heavy to lug around.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Guilty, we have never spent one since they were first minted,
however we bank them every £100 and they go in the holiday fund.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Haven't the Royal Mint just done the last batch of old £1 coins ...ready to make way for the new ones?

and we're to be getting plastic notes in 2017...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

13-01-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
To deviate slightly from the thread, I could never see the point of having a 'pot' or a separate account for this, that and the other. All my income goes into a current account and all my expenditure comes out of it, simple !
We are all different Alan .... to me it gives satisfaction that I have managed to save something separately whilst not having to withdraw from our main account.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2016, 10:59 PM

My friends said they had a jar for saving £2 coins. Don't know how many they have...could be all the missing ones.

I started but found myself raiding the coins to spend. Similarly, started saving 50p coins. Again, needed some when cash ran low.

I do save all my coppers though, and they get tipped into the machines that churns out a money voucher - after taking their cut - because I can't stand the little blighters. I wait till the jar gets very heavy (only a small plastic one).

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top