Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 10:47 AM

Our last hurrah, well for another month anyway.

Yesterday was the last chance for me to take the Outlaws for a ride before lockdown two so at the request of my Lovely Cousin, I took the back roads to Bristol Airport.

Social distancing.

There weren't many aircraft flying, but this one was practicing circuits and bumps.

Airport environs.

A couple of locals having afternoon tea.

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Nearly home

Touchdown.

Taxi!

Remember, the aircraft is not designed to fly with the tug still attached to the nose-wheel

Wait for me!

Now, select reverse then bring the aircraft to a stop in a straight line without stalling.

Dusk on final approach.

G'night, sun.

That's it for at least a month. Time to head down there for tea.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 10:57 AM

Re: Our last hurrah, well for another month anyway.

Lovely photos of your day out, Fruitcake...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 11:10 AM

Fruitcake, They are lovely photographs. I loved seeing the planes.
I have muntjacs in my garden daily at this time of the year, eating the fallen apples.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 12:41 PM

Brilliant photos and commentary, as usual Fruitcake.
Loved the one of the deer, and I wish we had as good a vantage point as you at our local airport.....
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Brilliant photos and commentary, as usual Fruitcake.
Loved the one of the deer, and I wish we had as good a vantage point as you at our local airport.....
There is a lane that runs alongside half the runway, along one end, and back along half the other side of the runway.
The only real problem is taking pics through a 3m high wire fence with 50mm square mesh.

The airport is out in the sticks but unlike Finningley/Robin Hood it's on top of a hill, with views of open countryside nearly all around. We live directly under the flight-path and enjoy watching the planes during the day, and UFOs when it's dark.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
There is a lane that runs alongside half the runway, along one end, and back along half the other side of the runway.
The only real problem is taking pics through a 3m high wire fence with 50mm square mesh.

The airport is out in the sticks but unlike Finningley/Robin Hood it's on top of a hill, with views of open countryside nearly all around. We live directly under the flight-path and enjoy watching the planes during the day, and UFOs when it's dark.
We live about five miles away from Robin Hood (It will always be Finningley to us) as the crow flies Fruitcake, and when the wind is in the right direction they are just climbing by the time they reach us. There are some good shots to be had if you're quick enough. But with high hedges around the airfield it's difficult to find a suitable place for photos, just the odd farmers gate.....
Not so much air traffic these days though.....
This one was taken at short notice.....

I think they're on to me.......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top