Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: Calendar

Originally Posted by Mups ->
May I be frank without offending anyone please?

Althought the photo's themselves are all very good, and the way Toners has set them in the calender is excellent, I couldn't honestly look at many of the pictures and guess what month it represents.

Take January for one example.
It is usually a bitter cold, snowy, icy, blizzardy month.
Now although Kensington Palace is a super picture, other than a bare tree, it looks like a summer's day to me.

Likewise the lovely September picture. I don't know if that is a Rape field, or a Buttercup field, but either way I think it would be more appropriate around May time, not early autumn.

Many others are the same, or is it just me viewing them wrong?
June and August are well placed though, with the bee on the flower and the lavender fields.

The best seasonal one to me though, is the December one. You can't help but know that is a festive, winter month from that photo. Very good.

I hope no one minds me saying, because they are very nice pics, but it is just how I see it.

I'd best go before I am slaughtered.
Hi Mups
At the start of the thread I said that I was not quite sure how a calender could be put together on the forums. What I have posted is really a 'proof of concept' that it can be done. I hate to leave a job undone. That was my first priority.

As far as I could I took contributors' suggestions as to month and also where possible the photo's Exif information as to when the photo was taken but really seasonal and temporal exactitude was not a priority.
After all the name of the month is under the photo! A lot depends on where you are in the world.

In fact I considered the opposite. If you are looking at a photo for a month- why not have a photo of sunshine and blue skies in a dreary grey month?

So the Calender forum works- perhaps next time it could be refined with more contributors.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Wow Toners. I’d been seeing the threads for the competition but didn’t know it was to make a community calendar. What a great idea that you pulled off with flying colours. Great job to all involved. The photos are all lovely.
Thanks Bratti
Wasnt sure how to do it but it worked ok. Perhaps refine it net time.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Well done toners.

But, yes, some are not quite good enough or not really appropriate, so let's see contributions from others.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Thanks Bratti
Wasnt sure how to do it but it worked ok. Perhaps refine it net time.
I made one for my own use using Word but don't know how to put it on here.
Do I have to convert the Word file to JPG?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:31 PM

We don't use a calendar, we've gone digital, mine's in the clouds.

But I'm thinking, if I was to put my own together, I might do tabletop pics, like ...

December: a Christmas cracker on top of a napkin.

April: a chocolate egg.

July: a bottle & glass of Pimms with OOF tennis court BG.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

09-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Here's a couple of Stock Images ...

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:44 PM

I normally just cut pictures out of magazines and stick them over last year's calendar. Works a treat and cheap too.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

09-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i normally just cut pictures out of magazines and stick them over last year's calendar. Works a treat and cheap too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
Hi Mups
At the start of the thread I said that I was not quite sure how a calender could be put together on the forums. What I have posted is really a 'proof of concept' that it can be done. I hate to leave a job undone. That was my first priority.

As far as I could I took contributors' suggestions as to month and also where possible the photo's Exif information as to when the photo was taken but really seasonal and temporal exactitude was not a priority.
After all the name of the month is under the photo! A lot depends on where you are in the world.

In fact I considered the opposite. If you are looking at a photo for a month- why not have a photo of sunshine and blue skies in a dreary grey month?

So the Calender forum works- perhaps next time it could be refined with more contributors.

Thank you for explaining Toners.
I hope you didn't mind me saying.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top