Join for free
Page 16 of 30 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:52 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Note to self, watch out for access problems on the next move.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:53 PM

There is a sorry story to tell here but, it would take all night.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:59 PM

I've just realised that the perfect solution would be to extend your garage to the end of your drive
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-01-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've just realised that the perfect solution would be to extend your garage to the end of your drive
Been suggesting that since the gates post.

Get it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes Pauline. The last argument with him was over the fence in the picture.

There didn't used to be a fence there. Before the fence was built it it was just open space for everybody to use. That was when we owned this property & next door.

When Ady bought next door off us I wanted to revert to how it should be - hence the fence to divide the 2 properties.

The fence stopped bully boy from driving through to turn round on the car park. I think he feared when I'd built the fence he would have nowhere to turn his car. At that time the car park gates were closed.

Ady diffused the situation by opening the car park gates for him & other neighbours to use. Then I was able to build my fence without further objection.

The car park gates are still open for him & others. He may or may not react. I'll have to wait & see.

I really wasn't going to bother coming back to this thread but thought I'd answer seeing as it was you Pauline.

I've no more to say about it now.

Thanks again everybody who responded. It's been interesting...

Thanks for explaining,Carol...good luck,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Annie but we would never get in the garage if we did that - not when all the houses opposite had their cars in front of their houses.

The unadopted road is narrow and we need the width of the 'drive' to swing the car round and into the garage.

You really have to see it to see the problem.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:24 AM

I can see the problem Carol and I see it’s easier for your neighbour to turn his car into yours and back than your sons.
But I am behind you all the way I hate bullies and unfortunately this is how they are .
If he had been a polite person you would not have bothered I expect but he’s not he’s a jerk .
My neighbours are jerks they have umpteen cars and their adult sons and sons girlfriends leave their cars all over the place causing awkwardness . Why FFS don’t they go and live with their darn girlfriends instead of their parents little house !
Their father is a jerk too I am going to have to go and see my solicitor about boundaries which he has encroached on my boundary this is going to cost me money which makes me loathe him all the more !
Carol I feel for you - all you love and peaceniks clearly don’t live next door to jerks !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 12:44 AM

Thank you for your support Muddy.

If he hadn't threatened me over my fence erection I might have turned a blind eye.

What man can call himself a man who threatens an OAP? He's just a pathetic person.

At the time he made the verbal attack on me, my poor Tony who has alzheimers was sat in the car wondering what was going on. I have to cope with everything on my own & it's not easy sometimes. I didn't sleep for a few nights after that..

Luckily after that incident all went quiet & I never heard a peep out of him again. The way our houses are positioned I never see the neighbours anyway unless I'm getting in or out of the car. It was nice & peaceful - no bother.

It's 50/50 whether he'll react to my bollard.

I wish you luck with your neighbour problem Muddy. It sounds worse than mine.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks Annie but we would never get in the garage if we did that - not when all the houses opposite had their cars in front of their houses.

The unadopted road is narrow and we need the width of the 'drive' to swing the car round and into the garage.

You really have to see it to see the problem.
Not if you made it a double garage and got rid of part of the hedge. Could be part outhouse part garage. Just trying to think of win-win even though I know you've made your mind up
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-01-2021, 08:26 AM

Once it was the norm to come home to find two or three cars whose drivers were waiting for a drug deal, the local youths on the roof of our property extension retrieving their football, then the local authority purchased the semi next door and installed a problem family, Happy Days.

Page 16 of 30 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top