Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Boris et al for 'Pentonville???

I like this man!!! - more power to his elbow!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7362096.html
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:05 AM

Re: Boris et al for 'Pentonville???

You know, I'm getting tired and fed up with the moaning and bickering from the ex - Remain voters
I can't be bothered to write a proper reply, but if I say that expressions like 'sour grapes', sulking', and 'throwing their toys out of the pram' come to mind I'm sure you'll get the idea

We are rapidly approaching 4 months since the Referendum. When are they going to accept the result and get on with proper business?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
You know, I'm getting tired and fed up with the moaning and bickering from the ex - Remain voters
I can't be bothered to write a proper reply, but if I say that expressions like 'sour grapes', sulking', and 'throwing their toys out of the pram' come to mind I'm sure you'll get the idea

We are rapidly approaching 4 months since the Referendum. When are they going to accept the result and get on with proper business?
Makes you wonder how they run their own household , rather like do as i say or you will never hear the last of it .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I like this man!!! - more power to his elbow!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7362096.html
Hi

Setting a dangerous precedent here.

Imagine what it would be like if we prosecuted all politicians who told porkies
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:42 AM

It amazes me that people just don't care when politicians lie to them and cheat them out of what is rightfully their own. No wonder we're in the state we're in. Just like the Americans who will happily vote for an obviously lying, cheating buffoon so long as he belongs to their chosen party. OK, I get that we are not all completely aware of what is going on in the higher echelons of power and politics but when evidence and stark proof of outright, deliberate deception for personal gain is revealed for all to see, surely we must admit we were mistaken and look for a more reliable alternative. If not for our country's sake, for our own and our family's.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 12:14 PM

A vote was a vote was a vote.
What bit is there in that that is too hard for the complainer remainers to understand?

It is turning into a farce though and showing up just how democracy can be eroded... by the disgruntled populace as much as any politician.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
A vote was a vote was a vote.
What bit is there in that that is too hard for the complainer remainers to understand?

It is turning into a farce though and showing up just how democracy can be eroded... by the disgruntled populace as much as any politician.
Well said Morty! Too many people on here are starting to sound like spoiled children who didn't get their own way...and I believed it was a forum for adults.
If the vote had decided to Remain in the EU I wouldn't have been happy, but it was a democratic vote! I certainly wouldn't have been looking for any possible excuse to get it changed, because a democratic vote means that the majority of the people had have made the choice.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 01:34 PM

Over the past week or so I have noticed a slight shift in the attitude of the media, even the BBC, who are becoming a bit more annoyed and exasperated with the Remainers
One comment was that they are using democratic procedures not for any grand principles but rather 'to delay, interfere with, and somehow nobble Brexit'.

Another commented that the Referendum was not just about the EU, it was also an opportunity to give the Establishment a good kicking

And that's what smarts and rankles so much with the Remainers, who were, and still are, largely represented by the middle class political elite - not simply the result of the Referendum, but the mere fact that they didn't get their own way
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 01:45 PM

Hi

People voted to leave for all sorts of reasons.

As Phillip Hammond said last week, we didn't vote to bankrupt ourselves.

The problem as I see it is this, there is no point in leaving the single market to control EU Immigration if Bloody Stupid Johnston is offering unlimited immigration to Turkey

We need the best deal, not the worst.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 01:53 PM

You do spout some absolute rubbish sometimes. Where do you think up this garbage?

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Over the past week or so I have noticed a slight shift in the attitude of the media, even the BBC, who are becoming a bit more annoyed and exasperated with the Remainers
One comment was that they are using democratic procedures not for any grand principles but rather 'to delay, interfere with, and somehow nobble Brexit'.

Another commented that the Referendum was not just about the EU, it was also an opportunity to give the Establishment a good kicking

And that's what smarts and rankles so much with the Remainers, who were, and still are, largely represented by the middle class political elite - not simply the result of the Referendum, but the mere fact that they didn't get their own way

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top