Join for free
Page 54 of 87 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:29 PM

Re: Random question thread

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Mmm I will fetch Besso.
You are very fetching.
Galileo I think....

Why does my dog always cock his left leg?
Why do we get cataracts?

I mean I know about supply voltage harmonic distortion, the causes, the effects, the consequences, and the remedies. To quote Michael Caine, not a lot of people know that.

Is my dog ambidextrous?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:58 PM

Three questions!!!! Naughty boy. x
Why does my dog always cock his left leg?
Why do we get cataracts?
Is my dog ambidextrous?

Most cataracts develop when ageing or injury changes the tissue that makes up your eye's lens. Some inherited genetic disorders that cause other health problems can increase your risk of cataracts. Cataracts can also be caused by other eye conditions, past eye surgery or medical conditions such as diabetes.

Will we all be driving electric cars in the future?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Electric cars in the future ? Something deserving a whole new thread possibly but short answer is yes as legislation is forcing electric vehicles upon us although there is nowhere near the infrastructure or battery technology available to make electric as usable option as the internal combustion engine so I see possibly a move more to hydrogen cell vehicles when governments pull their fingers out ... and that leaves the third world countries to buy all our old fossil fuelers and to run them ( diesels I suspect ) for decades into the future ..
The other thing running alongside is driverless cars and governments again loves these as if everything was working perfectly driverless cars ONLY on a road system would never crash into each other and this would save billions on police /ambulance staff and pensions , however I honestly think within 10 years ( more like 5 years) people instead of buying a car will look at buying a drone car and they will in reality become the day to day vehicle of choice sooner than you may ever imagine
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:21 PM

Most cataracts develop when ageing or injury changes the tissue that makes up your eye's lens. Some inherited genetic disorders that cause other health problems can increase your risk of cataracts. Cataracts can also be caused by other eye conditions, past eye surgery or medical conditions such as diabetes.

Will we all be driving electric cars in the future?
Thank you for the information on cataracts. First op scheduled for early March.

There are already electric cars. Cost, range, and recharge times are factors against them still. On a full tank I can get up to 1,000 miles in my Diesel car It takes about a ten minute visit to the fuel station.

In an EV I might get 100 miles then an overnight recharge. Not very handy if you have say, a 400 mile round trip you need to do in a day.

And, if we go mainstream EV, there is another issue/problem that doesn't get talked about very much.

Our electrical infrastructure, the grid, is already stretched. It would need a significant upgrade to provide the additional capacity for EV recharging.

Just to be clear, I'm not against the adoption of EVs - they have been around for about 100 years longer than the IC engine was adopted. And there applications for which they are suited. Milk floats where the route is limited and predictable, fork lift trucks for indoor use avoiding fumes.....

A long post by my usual standards.

Why do we, in UK, drive on the road to most other countries?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:25 PM

In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent

As most people are right-handed, the driver would sit to the right of the seat so his whip hand was free. Traffic congestion in 18th century London led to a law being passed to make all traffic on London Bridge keep to the left in order to reduce collisions. ... Today, only 35% of countries drive on the left.

There are many reasons why and as time moved on and the car became more popular here in the uk the left was chosen
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:39 PM

Isn't this a random question thread?

That was my random question by the way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Isn't this a random question thread?

That was my random question by the way.
It is and that is fine.

Do you believe that we will ever live on another planet in the distant future?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

12-02-2019, 09:27 PM

It is and that is fine.

Do you believe that we will ever live on another planet in the distant future?
I doubt I will as I have work in the morning
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:37 PM

There are distant futures and there are distant futures.

I don't have to work in the morning, but I can't think of a better excuse.

Can you?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-02-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I doubt I will as I have work in the morning
Originally Posted by d00d ->
There are distant futures and there are distant futures.

I don't have to work in the morning, but I can't think of a better excuse.

Can you?
Mad fools.

Do the test.
https://oxplore.org/question-detail/...er-planet#1703

Did you like the test?

Page 54 of 87 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top