Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 09:04 PM

What's the roadmap for lifting lockdown?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

After the first stage in March, further lifting of the rules will happen if certain conditions are met - such as the vaccine rollout going to plan. The aim is for all restrictions to be lifted, which will happen by 21 June at the earliest.

Stage one is in two parts:

8 March
  • All schools and colleges will reopen
  • University students can return for practical courses. There will be a review by the end of the Easter holidays for all other students
  • Face coverings are recommended in class for secondary school students and also for parents and staff in primary schools
  • Wraparound childcare can also return for vulnerable pupils and where it is needed for parents or carers to go to work, support groups or to seek medical care
  • Two people from different households can meet outside for recreation, which can include "a coffee on a bench"
  • One nominated person can visit care homes, but will need PPE, a lateral flow test and to "keep physical contact to a minimum"
  • Weddings attended by up to six people can take place in any circumstances

29 March
  • People will be allowed to meet outside, either with one other household or within the "rule of six", including in private gardens
  • The stay at home rule will end but people should stay local as much as possible
  • Outdoor sport facilities will reopen, including tennis and basketball courts
  • Formally organised outdoor sports can also restart
  • Parents and children groups can return but are capped at 15 and must be outdoors. Indoor groups can take place for vulnerable children and where parents need the groups to go to work
Vaccinations have, seemingly, slowed down the spread of the virus but is this early relaxation of lockdown too much, too soon .....

The remaining stages are detailed in the article.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 09:12 PM

Re: What's the roadmap for lifting lockdown?

Oh dear....we in Scotland have our briefing from the FM tomorrow. She will likely follow this path as well. Delightful.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Thanks Omah, I've copied one off....
We are due to sail on a Baltic Cruise on 17th May.....If it still goes ahead......Just need to renew our passports now once all the photo booths are open.....I wonder if we will be allowed of the ship at ports of call....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Omah, I've copied one off....
We are due to sail on a Baltic Cruise on 17th May.....If it still goes ahead......Just need to renew our passports now once all the photo booths are open.....I wonder if we will be allowed of the ship at ports of call....
Bob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but maybe you should read this before we get to May .....

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-...cine-no-cruise
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 11:22 PM

It's like the yellow brick road meets charlie and the chocolate factory.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:50 AM

Not much for me to get excited about.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 04:33 AM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 07:27 AM

Foxy, why would you want go on a cruise, do you remember the Diamond Princess?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but maybe you should read this before we get to May .....

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-...cine-no-cruise
I really hope your cruise happens Bob but I understand that lots of travel companies may insist on a vaccine passport that proves you have had your jabs. Travel companies have lost a fortune with this lock down & they don't want to lose anymore, especially when cruise ships were so badly affected last year!
I also think the vaccine passport may offer a better chance going off the ship, because other countries will be aware of the huge difference these vaccinations have made to us getting control of the virus.
Please consider having the vaccination as I know you are looking forward to this trip & if Mrs Fox has had her jab she may end up going on her own, as I doubt they will refund payment to anybody who has no medical reason for not having it!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 09:21 AM

I think that means I can go the allotment on the 8th ..providing she still needs the help and I haven't lost my digging strength.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top