Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Re: Some people can be horrible

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I feel like you Mups. I find it very hard to believe that any parent would say they didn't want a child at a party because he or she would spoil the photos. Even harder to believe that a young child would say that was the reason he wasn't invited. Perhaps these two children simply don't like each other, in which case it would make more sense.

If it really is because of the photo, then I would think any parent would have a word with the party child's mother, after all we would all jump to the defence of our children and would surely never let such a horrible insult to a small child pass without a word.
The boy is actually very popular the child whose party it is was really upset about not having an invitation for him, one of the other kids asked why he wasn't allowed to go and that's when the photo idea was said, it took me a moment to work out what was being objected to he's such a lovely chap you don't even see his face when you chat to him. He was burned as a two year old and has to wait until he's stopped growing to get skin grafts, but he's so happy and kind you don't really notice his burns.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The boy is actually very popular the child whose party it is was really upset about not having an invitation for him, one of the other kids asked why he wasn't allowed to go and that's when the photo idea was said, it took me a moment to work out what was being objected to he's such a lovely chap you don't even see his face when you chat to him. He was burned as a two year old and has to wait until he's stopped growing to get skin grafts, but he's so happy and kind you don't really notice his burns.

What wicked people then. That's a surefire way of making the poor kid feel ashamed of his looks! Disgusting behaviour by the parents. What on earth is that mother teaching her daughter!

Pity all the others don't boycott her party too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:01 PM

I suspect that, unless you know who said what to who, and when, it is difficult to get a balanced opinion on this.

One thing I will say though, is any mother who tells her child that somebody can't come to his party because they are not attractive enough will end up with a horrible son, who has poor values owing to those he has been brought up with, or possibly a decent son who ends up having little respect for a mother who has such appalling values.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:15 PM

You are right there twink. I'm just happy Gracie's turning out very much like her mum tasha did, caring and kind.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:23 PM

It's a shame nobody has taken this mother aside and told her, in no uncertain terms, just how her selfish and horrible behaviour will affect her own child. We know children can be cruel, but parents encouraging such cruelty are not fit to be parents.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It's a shame nobody has taken this mother aside and told her, in no uncertain terms, just how her selfish and horrible behaviour will affect her own child. We know children can be cruel, but parents encouraging such cruelty are not fit to be parents.
As I said earlier she's top boss at school gates no one won say that to her, well no one but two of us who might just get up the courage later today. I'm not on face book so she can say what she wants about me I never see it. Other lady is a bit worried at the fall out. Sounds like Facebook is a bit rough to me !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 01:40 PM

I love your grace Julie
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Toxic people best given a wide berth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:31 PM

It's amazing summer she's one of the boss mummies at the school gate I think some people are scared to cross her. Being the poor family with the bursary we are persona non gratis with her anyway, she makes an exception for Grace as she's top of the class and thinks Grace can help her child.
How does the rest of the school know that you are the 'poor family with the bursary '?
If they make you persona non grata for that reason it doesn't sound like the sort of school that one would want to ones child to attend .
How do you know this parent makes an exception for your daughter because she thinks Grace can help her child ?
Are you sure this is right or is it your own highted perception to a possible slight ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:35 PM

As I said earlier she's top boss at school gates no one won say that to her, well no one but two of us who might just get up the courage later today. I'm not on face book so she can say what she wants about me I never see it. Other lady is a bit worried at the fall out. Sounds like Facebook is a bit rough to me !
I would stay out of it if possible .
Children have to unfortunately learn that the world is not fair .
However If a parent is making remarks on Facebook re other parents or children this is unacceptable behaviour and must be reported to the principal of the school as it may amount to libel which is a criminal offence .
I feel sure that the school would not like to be brought into disrepute in this way .
Facebook is what you make of it it can be really informative and a great way to keep up with friends and family but it's fairly open so liberous remarks can be seen and heard against the perpetrator .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top