Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Re: Some people can be horrible

I agree with Muddy, stay out of it Julie as it could turn on yourself and you'd end up being the bad one, especially if all the other mums are daft enough not to cross her.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree with Muddy, stay out of it Julie as it could turn on yourself and you'd end up being the bad one, especially if all the other mums are daft enough not to cross her.
I disagree.

I suggest that Julie should let it be known that the local newspaper will be coming round to run the story.

That'd get them going....!

Even if not true.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Why would you want to expose your children to that sort of nonsense?
Because it will affect the children .
There are always a quota of insane parents at schools usually mothers so will hardly be head line material .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 04:16 PM

Honestly, l have never heard of such pettiness.
A kid doesn’t get invited to a party? So what? That’s life!

For Grace to deny herself of a good time is daft and in a way, she is cutting off her nose to spite her face!

You wait in a few weeks all these kids will be friends again and all will be forgotten.

Mother’s, in my opinion, should keep their snouts out of children’s disagreements with other children. It’s a bad old world out there and they have to be tough, not go all namby pamby at the first sign of rejection!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Your Grace sounds very courageous and considerate. But don't worry, this will all blow over.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Quite a row going on when I arrived at the gate this afternoon, I stayed in my car until it was over looks like a lot of people not happy, I predict a school letter about inclusion will be in everyone's bag tomorrow afternoon !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You are right there twink. I'm just happy Gracie's turning out very much like her mum tasha did, caring and kind.
Julie, Just to say, when l told my daughter, who is a primary school teacher about this, she totally agreed with what you have said and she admired Grace for the action, she has taken!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh it's all about what looks good on her face book page mups you'd think her entire family and friends were models from the piccies she posts, her mum is never posted because she refuses to conform to the beauty ideal of make up etc.

And sadly one thing I've found about private school parties is its about how many mummy and daddy can fit in the gazebo, yes they get a gazebo !
they sound like a very dull family Julie, trying to be interesting and failing.

Your family, well that's one you should write a book about. That's the sort of family people would love to read about and emulate. I would buy the book - you just need to write it!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:53 AM

It would serve that mother right if, come the day, no-one turned up to the party anyway. Except that would hurt the birthday child.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It would serve that mother right if, come the day, no-one turned up to the party anyway. Except that would hurt the birthday child.
Yes you ar right there SB, however the mother of the birthday child is willing to subject that same hurt on the little boy who does not conform to her notion of perfect. For that reason I would decline the birthday invitation and take my child for a special treat elsewhere.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top