Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Re: Some people can be horrible

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, Just to say, when l told my daughter, who is a primary school teacher about this, she totally agreed with what you have said and she admired Grace for the action, she has taken!!
Thanks that's good to hear I have to say the teacher is as horrified as many of us but is trying to keep order and not let it spill over into the school, she's doing a grand job at the moment.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thanks that's good to hear I have to say the teacher is as horrified as many of us but is trying to keep order and not let it spill over into the school, she's doing a grand job at the moment.
Headmistress should have a quiet word with this dreadful mother and tell her plainly that the school does not accept such blatant discrimination. Job done.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Headmistress should have a quiet word with this dreadful mother and tell her plainly that the school does not accept such blatant discrimination. Job done.
Yes that would help I think it's a little muddied by money changing hands though in private schools they can't alienate the woman. But in school they are great no bullying no inequality they treat and make sure everyone else does the pupils equally.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes that would help I think it's a little muddied by money changing hands though in private schools they can't alienate the woman. But in school they are great no bullying no inequality they treat and make sure everyone else does the pupils equally.
I had a feeling that this would come up!! Ugly.

Moral dilemma...do you accept money and kow tow to a woman who behaves in way which affects the good reputation of the school?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-11-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I had a feeling that this would come up!! Ugly.

Moral dilemma...do you accept money and kow tow to a woman who behaves in way which affects the good reputation of the school?
I know it's a moral dilemma I took the shilling as it was getting the bursary but I worry about what it says. I know I only did it to get the best education for grace, and I know I wouldn't have done it for the other three as they could cope in the main stream. If grace was fit and well I'm not sure we'd be talking about this as the main stream school here is fine.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top