Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Question for you all have fun with it please.

Ok you have to move out of your home for minimum two weeks may be longer you have no idea how much.

So what do you take, it's not a holiday so not holiday packing this has to help you live your life fully from a B&B !

Some odd things gone into my bag my husband just looked heavenwards about.

My iron, my cuddly blankets for lounging around in, chicken feet for Elsie she likes a chicken foot chew in the evening, and a packet of cheesie cat biscuits for Betty chihuahua.

Grace has put about 40 books on her kindle preparing for a long stay I think

My husband so far has a shirt and his work uniform, pointing out he needs more than just a shirt and might need underwear met with a sigh

So what would you take ?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:32 PM

Re: Question for you all have fun with it please.

my glasses for reading im lost without them ,Dog ,,Meds,laptop ,clothes ,Toiletries ,,Camera.All my ancestry stuff, Im always going through and finding more ,,Videos ,,My Password book, my comfort blanket for cold days and nights .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 02:39 PM

OMG Julie. I wouldn't know where to start! He who must obey would have to take 14 pairs of underpants, 14 pairs of socks, at least two pairs of jeans and a pair of trousers, several button down t-shirts, as many jumpers, a couple of jackets, half the bathroom cabinet of his toiletries,three or four leisure trousers, trainers and slippers.

Then there are my two rascals. Two Baskets, their treats, shampoo, tangle free spray after their weekly bath, and 4 huge dog towels. (that's the trouble having two little white dogs)

Me? if I am anything to go by when going on holiday, half the bloomin contents, because guaranteed, no matter how much I took, I would have left the one thing that I would be looking for whilst away.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Clothes, shoes, coats , slippers, dressing gown, bags, and everyday stuff like phone, phone charger, car keys, house keys, passport, driving license . Things that you need to keep safe like your jewellery .

You can buy toothpaste and toiletries etc.

You won't be doing housework, so forget the pinny !

B & B should have their own iron for the use of ( I would have thought)

Hair rollers/curlers and hair dryer if you use them.

There should be a library for books and internet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:02 PM

Slippers ! I forgot to put them on the list !
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:51 PM

As long as I had my books and music I think I'd be alright.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 10:01 PM

A few changes of clothes, top coat, wellies, a few toiletries, dressing gown, dogs/their food & leads, Mobile phone, laptop (and charger).
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 10:24 PM

Easy I would take "er indoors" and let her worry what to take
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:17 PM

I´m not going to itemise anything because I´d probably take everything I could think of. I take as much for an overnight stay as I do for a fortnight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-11-2017, 06:43 PM

We've limited ourselves to two suitcases each even then I had trouble closing mine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top