Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Escape to the Country

Why do folks go on Escape to the Country with no intention of buying anything, then at the end, the presenter always says, "well I hope we have been a help, and let us know how you get on", the bloody programme don't need to know how they got on WE DO!.

Also on "Tipping Point", does anyone else think it's comical when over about eight counters fall, it's replayed in slow motion.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Re: Escape to the Country

And when they insist on showing the couple exactly what they said they didn't want !!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:05 PM

Used to love property programmes but the increasingly overly fussy people and huge amounts of money they have to buy with have put me off completely, have a few people with well under £100k and lets see them find them some where to live !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:09 PM

They are just time wasters, I suppose they just wanted to get on the show.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Grand Designs is another anomaly, when they go back and pick over the budget, they say "We maxed out our Credit Cards" etc, but inevitably there is always about 70 grand's worth of new furniture on show.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:21 PM

And what about Wanted Down Under? All families have family and friends they can't bear to be parted from, and not all participants actually make the move to Oz/NZ. I sometimes wonder if all they wanted was a free trip.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And what about Wanted Down Under? All families have family and friends they can't bear to be parted from, and not all participants actually make the move to Oz/NZ. I sometimes wonder if all they wanted was a free trip.

Crocodile tears - they secretly can't wait to see the back of 'em !!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

17-01-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Grand Designs is another anomaly, when they go back and pick over the budget, they say "We maxed out our Credit Cards" etc, but inevitably there is always about 70 grand's worth of new furniture on show.
and.. there is Christmas coming up and no money to finish the property - Hark what do I hear? Ahhh, someone in the family has just stumped up 50K . We WILL be in for Christmas
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

17-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Used to love property programmes but the increasingly overly fussy people and huge amounts of money they have to buy with have put me off completely, have a few people with well under £100k and lets see them find them some where to live !
What about those who are shown kitchens the size of hangars and they turn round and say "It's far too small"! We sit there shouting "How big do you need it missus?" !!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:46 PM

You cynical lot
I love ETTC especially when it is the ever so slightly sarcastic Alastair Appleton or the really sweet Jonnie Irwin and I don't give a dam if the people buy the property or not. I have had 45 mins of escapism looking at some lovely houses I can dream of but could never afford unless I win the premium bond then I might be be on there myself

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top