Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Re: Retired

I've wasted a lot of my time doing very little since I finished work, I did some volunteering in my local hospice for a while then looked for a part time job, just a few hours would have suited me but couldn't find anything I would have enjoy doing. I become frustrated at times due to boredom, I rarely know what day it is because every day is the same, I really do need to find something that will hold my interest
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I've wasted a lot of my time doing very little since I finished work, I did some volunteering in my local hospice for a while then looked for a part time job, just a few hours would have suited me but couldn't find anything I would have enjoy doing. I become frustrated at times due to boredom, I rarely know what day it is because every day is the same, I really do need to find something that will hold my interest
You are not the only one. Not me mind you but another comes to mind.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:47 PM

I'm going to be really cheeky here, and I don't like doing it, but if any retired person here decides to volunteer with their local WRVS shop in hospitals, please do it before you become decrepit and can serve people without taking goodness knows how long to do it. It puts staff off going to the bloomin shop!

My friend, who is 75, volunteered for the shop in my hospital, and left due to sheer and utter frustration. She decided she wasn't ready for that yet. She felt as though she was in a home for the bewildered

Volunteering is wonderful, but just do it whilst you have all your faculties.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:13 PM

Not just WRVS shops, a lot of charity shops have volunteer staff like that.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You have a good attitude to life. Looking at your website you have had your fair share of hardship too - that back episode was something else. People should learn from you on how to keep positive in life as they get older. It isn't really hard to work out though - just keep busy.
I think it is overstating it to say I have had anything like a hardship even with my back. It was a bugger for six months but that was less than 1% of my life so far. I even learned how to watch TV upside down and reversed in a mirror, had six months of work on full pay and got it fixed.

Personally I always feel my life has been like the first page of 'The Natural" where it said something like, "Things came easily to him..."
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 07:33 AM

I do more than one job, so get the chance to retire multiple times.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I do more than one job, so get the chance to retire multiple times.

Do you expect multiple pensions too?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you expect multiple pensions too?
Why not? I only had one job (at a time) but I have two pensions seems fair to me.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 10:50 PM

I am 98% retired, but have kept two clients who keep me afloat as the delay in my state pension means I'm about £25K out of pocket. I've also turned a long standing hobby into a very small business and offset the losses of that against other income! My life is pretty much full with various sports and hobbies and as I tend to do far too much, my intentions this year are to learn to relax.........so I've added a weekly tai chi to the list of regular activities.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top