Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Re: Do you care too deeply?

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I care where caring is appropriate and couldn't care less where caring is a waste of time and energy.
Probably a healthy attitude .......
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Probably a healthy attitude .......
Sounds wonderful but not easily achieved
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 12:22 PM

I care about things I can influence-the rest?? Well to say I do not care would not be quite the correct term.I cannot solve the problems of the world-I can help a few.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 01:35 PM

I care about my family and friends but I don't go much further than that.
There are so many charities out there begging for money,the homeless, overseas aid, educate an African child, stop girls getting pregnant by sponsoring them that now I've become immune to them although I do support a few that are close to my heart and those mainly involve animals.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 02:30 PM

I have met people who claim to 'care' about many things and put on a big display of doing so but when it comes down to it their care is very selective and reserved for a limited few.
They can't see the bigger picture, the refugee who needs help, the prisoner who has committed crimes but had an horrific childhood and have never known love, the people with dreadful disease which 'caring' people might catch .

I have never stopped to consider if 'I care too deeply' that to me is irrelevant. I do what I can when I can to 'care' as and when the occasion arrises.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 02:38 PM

Meg that certainly puts it into perspective, as you say, caring about refugees and prisoners who never had a chance in life, being caring enough to travel to African Countries to help in the fight against Ebola.
It's easy to care about the people or things that appeal to you personally.
I don't think you can care too deeply but what can be damaging is when you feel helpless in the face of all the suffering in the world and there really is little you can do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
It's easy to care about the people or things that appeal to you personally.
I don't think you can care too deeply but what can be damaging is when you feel helpless in the face of all the suffering in the world and there really is little you can do.
This is true Anita and sometimes it can be very hard to care for the 'unlovely' but it is a mark of our humanity if we can bring ourselves to do so.
Of course we can't care for them all and letting ourselves be overwhelmed by suffering may lead to a feeling of helplessness then we do nothing at all and that doesn't help anyone .
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 06:28 PM

I come across a bit cold hearted sometimes , think I seen to many times with family and friends , that care deeply helping people out , only to get stab by the same people later , many years ago I was at rock bottom , friends I had seem enjoy kicking me while I was down , haven't got a lot of faith in people
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 06:35 PM

I learned the hard way it was a waste of time to think you can solve people's problems. Best way really I reckon is to be a listener and let them work things out for themselves, unless they suffer from social phobia as I'm a dab hand at that. As one guy put it I am like the 'Perfection of Imperfection' with regard to social phobia.
Anita
Midlands, UK

05-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I learned the hard way it was a waste of time to think you can solve people's problems. Best way really I reckon is to be a listener and let them work things out for themselves, unless they suffer from social phobia as I'm a dab hand at that. As one guy put it I am like the 'Perfection of Imperfection' with regard to social phobia.
That's what good therapists do, provide a means for people to work things out for themselves.
Wondering what you mean reg the social phobia ......just interested, as not sure what you meant.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top