Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Re: "Weekends"

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I know! but at least it's a change getting some different junk - then we do a carboot and get rid of the junk and with the money buy some more junk, ha, it's never ending but I love it!

The thing is i'm now selling some on Ebay and buying more to sell each week... Oh dear what am i doing? It's a vicious circle...
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What is a weekend it used to be a time when shops closed now it is just a name for the days before another week starts.

I sometimes cook a big meal for the whole family on an end of week day but now the three babies are growing it is not easy getting 6 more people into my small kitchen Summer is better when we can eat outside in the garden.
Aw that sounds nice and cosy having your family round, i don't have a big family..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

05-02-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My weekends now start on a Thursday - yippee!

Friday is spent doing housework in the morning. Place spick and span. See my partner in the afternoon. Great conversation, dinner, organised for our walks on the Saturday with our group. Couple of drinks with the gang after the walk, then home for easy dinner. Lie in on Sunday with brekkie in bed. Love every minute of it *contented sigh*
Hi Alice i havent forgotten you, i used to be in a walking club in the 1980's, we got certificates and badges for completing certain hikes...
The weekends are the best
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 09:58 PM

Every other weekend I play rugby , normally go to the gym every weekend at 6 am to 8am , then see my grandson
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hi Alice i havent forgotten you, i used to be in a walking club in the 1980's, we got certificates and badges for completing certain hikes...
The weekends are the best
Sue, when I was left on my own, my walking group was a lifeline. It always sounds so corny, but it was. All week I looked forward to my walk in a Saturday. The simple things are the best. I keep telling my boys that
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

05-02-2015, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Sue, when I was left on my own, my walking group was a lifeline. It always sounds so corny, but it was. All week I looked forward to my walk in a Saturday. The simple things are the best. I keep telling my boys that
I was on my own for 8yrs and i know it's no fun, having to find things to do and occupy yourself with..
But eventually i met someone and we married last year and it's great!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 11:01 PM

Sundays are my cooking and phoning day, the bread gets made plus biscuits or cakes. I change the beds do the washing and phone my mum for at least an hour ..
I try to do something with OH on Saturdays but its not easy during the winter months, these not a lot going on and its too cold and tiring for him to be out for too long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
The first thing to realise is the weekend lasts for seven days.

That true VM, it does once we're retired anyway.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:31 AM

some folk are creatures of habit, jobs around the house done on set days, my ex mother in law had weekly set meals so we always knew it was fish on Friday come what may and the laundry was done every Sunday and set into neat piles that had been sorted by underwear, shirts etc. no wonder my marriage didn't survive as I couldn't follow in her footsteps which disappointed my husband.

These days I do as I please, the weekend is no different for me although I don't like Sundays for many reasons, for a kick off tv viewing is crap and many shops are closed, buses run infrequently, the list goes on
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Agree with Honey. The only thing I do differently on a weekend is work out the opening hours of local retail parks (on Sunday) and whether I have time to go for a window shop.

From Feb to Oct our trading shop is open on the allotment and I'm on the rota, usually on Saturdays, so I work...(voluntarily)...whether it's weekdays or weekends!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top