Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 10:31 AM

Re: Edinburgh castle.

Thank you all for looking and commenting.
Pumicestone, just let me know when you are here and I will meet up with you, that offer applies to you all.
Jim
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:48 AM

Lovely photo & look at the queue to go in. Popular place to visit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:52 AM

We've been to Edinburgh (or Eedinberg, as the Americans have it) and I really wanted to see the 'underground city' but, unfortunately, we couldn't find any sign of an entrance.

Perhaps some knowledgeable person here could direct me for the next time we visit?
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:07 PM

I think you have to go with one of the organised trips, and they usually meet in the High Street.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We've been to Edinburgh (or Eedinberg, as the Americans have it) and I really wanted to see the 'underground city' but, unfortunately, we couldn't find any sign of an entrance.

Perhaps some knowledgeable person here could direct me for the next time we visit?
I went there on the Ghost tour , you would only be able to get in with a tour cause its locked up . We had to walk a way to get there and at the back of a Pub down a side street .
We went under ground very dark and that is where people lived under the City many years ago , we were told the story of the underground City ...
Flat shoes and torches ,Health and Safety would have a field day
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 11:40 PM

Thank you both for the advice. I'm determined to go one day, so I'll look up organised tours.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by braveheart ->
... Pumicestone, just let me know when you are here and I will meet up with you, that offer applies to you all. Jim
Many thanks for that Jim - and I will most certainly get in touch if/when the time approaches.

No doubt you will be able to introduce me to the best whiskies - or even Scottish beer ?
Gotta admit that the only Scottish beer I ever tried - many years ago - I thought was foul. Can't remember the brand.

Great pics in your album, mate. Particularly the birds (feathered variety).

Pumicestone (Chisholm)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 10:59 AM

You're very lucky Jim
I have family there
We go every year or sometimes every two
It's a vibrant city
I love to go celebrity spotting during the Festival
Have done Hogmanay there once too. .what an experience that was!!!
braveheart
Edinburgh

30-04-2016, 03:22 PM

Yes there is plenty to photograph in Edinburgh. I'm just back from a walkabout this morning, Saturday, so I will see what's worth posting.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top