Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:42 PM

Re: Asking for a council tax refund

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
If your going to load up the car to fly tip, why not just take the stuff to the Council Recycling Centre?
In our case distance and cost - they charge for various things such as DIY materials (I never do any DIY but that's beside the point).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
More a point of principle than anything else.

At this time of the year, we are supposed to have the green (food and garden waste) green wheelie bins emptied weekly.

Now that things have pretty much returned to normal, it seems a bit cheeky that my council is maintaining a fortnightly collection.

Also, last week they failed to empty the paper bin in much of the South Manchester area. This was apparently due to a shortage of drivers.

On principle, surely they should offer a bit of a refund since we have paid for a sevice, and they are failing to fulfill the agreement?
Why not ring your local councillor(s) to complain about this? Surely that is what they are there for?

Contacting them is surprisingly effective in my experience.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Fly tip stuff. Seriously. Just do so discreetly and I'm being serious. I certainly would.

That or if your bin is at the edge of your property set the thing on fire and plead innocence. "A big boy done it an ran away" sorta thing.

That way the council will have to supply a replacement foc.

That's a thing that I've noticed with most of you guys. You're too bloomin' honest for your own good and I'm serious.
You really are an odious soul, aren't you Todger.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
You really are an odious soul, aren't you Todger.
That is your opinion. I see it differently.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top