Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:23 PM

Re: Why do we judge

Because we have ego’s that are constantly comparing and defending.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why do we still need libraries?
The kids need somewhere to play.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:10 AM

It always amazes me that the so called 'Clever' people with well paid jobs are miffed when it comes to drilling a hole or changing a fuse.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It always amazes me that the so called 'Clever' people with well paid jobs are miffed when it comes to drilling a hole or changing a fuse.
That's because Clever people get other folks to do all the work.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
People by the jobs they do..?, I’m sure we’ve all met someone at a social gathering and inevitably the conversation comes round to “ and what do you do” ?
Does the answer then determine how we treat them, if they said , “ I’m a nuclear physicist “ would this mean they’d be treated differently than if they said “ I’m a fast food worker “ if so, why, either one could be a nasty piece of work, as either could be the nicest person on the planet, so why do we judge on a persons profession..?
I worked, on Manchester Docks, for a while, after coming out of the MN & trying to get started ashore.

I felt a bit down, about that, as Dockers were not valued very highly in the "community".

Then, one day, I learned that a bloke I was working with had two jobs. The other job was as a Solo Concert Pianist in the big Manchester Theatre.

He said that he, deliberately, worked his spare days with the Dockers as he enjoyed their company & their work ethic.

That changed my thinking somewhat.

Sometimes it's a nice surprise to find out what & why somebody does what they do.

Sometimes, also, it's best not to know!

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:51 AM

I must say I like to be around down to earth people, I don’t see anything wrong in having a high professional career.

The problem with that is sometimes, it can affect them, as in the position/ status going to their head, which is understandable in a way, it’s just how most of society sees it, if you’re a cleaner you don’t get much recognition, where as a surgeon would, it’s just how some people act in the world that is all.

If you are secure within yourself it wouldn’t matter if you clean toilets, it’s how you feel about yourself that matters, self esteem, etc,..I have cleaned many a toilet, I have only ever refused to clean one.

We need professionals we need hands on practical people all play their part in society, some are valued more by others, it’s always been that way from what I can remember.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:08 PM

How come all the tossers get to be politicians? Most of the Oxbridge and Eton lot haven't got a clue how to run a p$ssup in a brewery.... We are not all born equal, some people are born knobs, and others have it thrust upon them...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Foxy, always been the best at what ever I've done, not because I know more than the next Geezer, or am more privileged, but because the other guy, behind the spiel could not really be arsed. You will always work if you are motivated, you just have to be careful not to get exploited.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not in my case
Oh!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's because Clever people get other folks to do all the work.
You mean the clever people.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top